Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
I have a few years ago but have switched to Rotella synthetic. Didn't have any problems with it other than the price. I'm sure its a good oil.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I have been running it for about three months and i have not had any problems with it at all it's good stuff

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
exhaust

I have a few years ago but have switched to Rotella synthetic. Didn't have any problems with it other than the price. I'm sure its a good oil.
Hey, rainking1978, what exhaust do you have on your bike? I like the compactness of it.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Thanks...It's a two bros that I cut and painted. It wasn't even for the 3rd gen 10r. Not sure for what it was for because it was already on the bike when I purchased it.

To:

Final:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nice. i've been reading up in the forums about suitable exhausts and I'm getting a feeling M4 GP S/O (which I was leaning towards for its size) may be too loud. But then I read about people saying it was too loud because they didn't have a baffle in it. do you have any experience with M4 exhausts? i heard an '08 ZX-10R with Two Brothers exhaust at a local dealer and it sounded really nice when i revved it.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
ive ran mobil 1 and shell rotella T6. both are good oils but the rotella is a lil cheaper & imo just as good.

·
Registered
89 Posts
23,000 on my Speed Triple running Mobile1, 4T, 10W-40 and not a single problem. Started running it in the ZX10 as well, as soon as I bought the bike.

·
Banned
347 Posts
Mobile 1 4t 10w-40 for about 5 years now and i will never use anything else!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Mobile 1 synthetic racing oil is the only thing that I've ever had in my race bike, and I've never had one problem. I was pi$$ed when Wal-Mart stopped selling it, because they had a great price on it. Oh well. It's still worth the price somewhere else.

·
Banned
347 Posts
i didnt know they stopped selling it!!! i just bought the last two quarts at our store here and actually had to do to autozone to get the other two. Tell me it aint so!

I was pi$ when Wal-Mart stopped selling it, because they had a great price on it. Oh well. It's still worth the price somewhere else.

·
Registered
228 Posts
i didnt know they stopped selling it!!! i just bought the last two quarts at our store here and actually had to do to autozone to get the other two. Tell me it aint so!
I'm not sure about other Wal-Mart stores, but the one by my house in Tucson did. It also surprises me, because it seems like they were always selling out of it. Strange.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I have used it forever,never had a problem,just dont like that its 10 bucks a qrt at autozone or discount auto parts

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
Mobile 1 synthetic racing oil is the only thing that I've ever had in my race bike, and I've never had one problem. I was pi$ when Wal-Mart stopped selling it, because they had a great price on it. Oh well. It's still worth the price somewhere else.
Yeah this blows. I was getting it for $9 a qt at walmart, not anymore. I picked up Castrol 10W-40 Racing synthetic last time and will try it once I'm do for an oil change. Same price, $9 a qt at walmart. I LOVED the Mobil1 racing 4T though. Bike shops charge $11 a qt or more for it. Screw that!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks to all for your input! Mobil1 4T 10W-40 seems like the way to go. BTW, do you guys have a filter preference one over another? I was thinking of going OEM Kawasaki for the filter since I plan on changing the oil every 3K. Don't know if a higher capacity oil filter (such as Mobil1) will be of any real benefit.

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
Thanks to all for your input! Mobil1 4T 10W-40 seems like the way to go. BTW, do you guys have a filter preference one over another? I was thinking of going OEM Kawasaki for the filter since I plan on changing the oil every 3K. Don't know if a higher capacity oil filter (such as Mobil1) will be of any real benefit.
I use OEM filter. Some use the K&N filter because it has the nut on filter to make it easy to remove. Stock filter is cheap enough and is a good filter.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
have a few years ago but have switched to Rotella synthetic
+1, I've got over 44,000 miles now on Rotella 5W40 synthetic. I switched all of my bikes over to the Rotella after the 2000 mile initial break in on dino oil (Castrol GTX).

·
Registered
774 Posts
I have used it forever,never had a problem,just dont like that its 10 bucks a qrt at autozone or discount auto parts
that's amsoil 20-50 price here

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've ran Mobile 1 4T in my 07 Gixxer and it was fine, a month ago I changed the oil and filter in my 09 ZX10 and used the Mobile 1 4T, the bike only had 1,500 miles on it. Since the oil change the clutch will not engage/disengage and it's really hard to shift gears. I have let the bike warm up to about 140 degrees before riding and things don't start working smoothly until I've ridden a few miles. Whats up?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts