Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any of you posers like sushi? i love the stuff, but its kinda hard to get in my area, so i improvise. I make it once or twice a month, and tonight i had the cam layin nearby so....

i make kim-chi too, will post up next time i make it. :badteeth:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Wow. Kimchee.

Let's take cabbage, ferment it, bury it in a clay jar in the ground for 6 months, then dig it up and eat it.
:rolleyes:

I've had sushi. Can't say that I love it. But I do really like raw oysters with cold beer.

Post up the sushi recipe, Wolfgang. I'll give it a try.

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
hell yea. i love mixing the wasabi w the soy. thats my fav part.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Sushi is my fave food. I think my wife's too. Whenever we eat out nowadays, she always wants sushi over anything else. When you get the good stuff, nothing is better.

·
Registered
6,354 Posts
Love sushi and lots of wasabi!!!

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So how do you make the rolls? What kind of fish, and what all else is in it?
Post up the recipe, homie.

i make it different about every time. some of my common ingredient are smoked salmon, tuna, crab, or imitation crab for the meat. carrots, onions, or avocado for the veggie. sticky rice, seaweed and some wasabi.

i add a little rice vinegar to the rice while its cooking then put it on a plate sprinkle with a little sugar and sea salt then cover it with a damp towel for 10 minutes.

put a piece of plastic over the bamboo roller and lay the seaweed on it, put some rice on half the seaweed. put some wasabi on the rice, then the meat and veggies. roll that biatch up, wet the last piece so it stays together and then i throw it in the freezer for awhile.

when you cut it use a SHARP knife and keep the blade wet.

for sauce i usually use some soy with a little rice vinegar and fish sauce. then i top everything with sesame seeds (didnt have any last night).

its probably not up to restaurant standards, but its good enough for me. and cheap!

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
The best thing about sushi is that it tastes nothing like cooked fish. blech!

Everytime I go to a sushi bar I gorge myself, it's one of my favorite meals.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
I f'n love sushi. We have some amazing sushi spots here in NYC.

I hate ignorant people who have never tried sushi but say it tastes horrible. Youre right...it tastes NOTHING like cooked fish and doesnt taste bad at ALL. Well, depending on which.

mmmmmmmmm.....sushi and an ice cold 22oz. Sapporo...mmmm

1 - 20 of 24 Posts