Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All. I just got done installing a brand new 0.18 mls cometic headgasket. I Also had the head ported . I am looking for a basic starting map for the bike to be safe on. It was tuned before but with the added compession it is whay to rich. I will get it to a dyno in a month but I need to put it threw some heat cycles without killing my plugs and hurting my rings. Thanks

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think that is the info I was looking for. If you would have info to help me that would be great but you just tried to teach me something I already know. I am looking for a ( BASE SAFE TUNE ) to run the bike threw some good heat cycles without it being very rich and killing the plugs. The main factor in the tune I am looking for is the COMP RATIO not the head flow. Any ported head is better than none as far as a map goes. Thanks

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
I don't think that is the info I was looking for. If you would have info to help me that would be great but you just tried to teach me something I already know. I am looking for a ( BASE SAFE TUNE ) to run the bike threw some good heat cycles without it being very rich and killing the plugs. The main factor in the tune I am looking for is the COMP RATIO not the head flow. Any ported head is better than none as far as a map goes. Thanks
There really arent any maps out there that will fit your bike and be SAFE without knowning what air fuel ratio your running.

You can though in the mean time go into your power commander map and add probably 10-20% fuel everywhere and make it run super rich.

There are way to many variables in set ups that will make one tune 180 of another.

·
Registered
946 Posts
There really arent any maps out there that will fit your bike and be SAFE without knowning what air fuel ratio your running.

You can though in the mean time go into your power commander map and add probably 10-20% fuel everywhere and make it run super rich.

There are way to many variables in set ups that will make one tune 180 of another.
+1

ALOT of variables

if it's rich now, then a 0 map would be safe-ish too.........depending on how big the numbers are in your custom map....or trim out the big numbers in the map so they are closer to the rest....valve timing moves the vacuum around quite a bit.

·
back to car scene
4,297 Posts
i ran on a thin hg and ported head on a zero map, riding generously (not like an idiot) for 250mi

then off to the dyno tune

1 - 8 of 8 Posts