Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Read about it here.

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2009/Jul/e/n090731e.htm

I never been a Mladin fan but after reading various DMG press releases and interviews with other riders comments I can certainly understand not wanting to deal with them anymore. Like Roger Edmondsons' BS reason why Mladin was DQ'ed last year but Spies crank was never even checked. Those guys at the DMG are complete idiots.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
I've been a mladin fan for years now. He's not only been a great champion of the sport, but also for the safety of himself and fellow riders. I admire him for not racing this weekend (even though he could easily claim his 7th title) and am ashamed the other facory riders at least have not done the same. And for all you guys who are gonna bash him for not riding, Hacking decided to do the same due to unsafe conditions also. I know there are many mladin haters on this site, probably mainly due to no other reason than he doesn't ride a kawi, but we've been very fortunate to have had him racing in this series for so long. I can only think of one rider who truly matched his intensity on the bike and track, and right now he's cleaning house in wsbk. Mladin never straddled that bike without giving it 100% from start to finish and there aren't many riders out there who can or even want to do that. Here's wishing him the best for his future.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I like him because he isnt afraid to say what he is thinking. I hope his retirement goes well he has giving us many memories. Plus anyone that makes it on other stages that raced him can contribute their skills getting better to him.

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
I used to not like Mladin, but as of recently i have grown to like his attitude and his outlook on the sport in general. I think he is a making a good move,

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
At first, I was shocked and pissed. Now that I'm cooled down, good ... fuck DMG! Now lets watch them struggle and maybe fizzle away. Thanks in big part their shitty way of handling/ promoting/ butchering American motorcycle Roadracing. Hopefully Alstare Suzuki calls him up, offers him a lucrative deal and... BAM! we get to see a renewed rivalry with him and, you guessed it, Mr. Spies!
And then Mladin can laugh his ass off as he sees the GayMA go down the tubes or (fingers-crossed) they give up and sell it to someone (or group) that actually gives a shit about motorcycle roadracing here in the 'States.

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
The GayMA sold the rights to DMG though so it is out of their hands and they still get the bad rap, sucks for them.
They just want to work on laws now and keep our riding rights.

Mladin was talking about owning a team some day but not under this situation for sure.

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
I thought Mladin already owned a team?
Hmm... don't know. :dontknow:
I thought I heard him saying it would be nice in the future but not under current conditions.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Im a Mladin fan, took a while but am a fan. Observed him at a lot of races and watched him generally kick ass on the track. Hes one driven S.O.B. I like that. I will miss having him in the series. Honestly though I feel that he was going to retire at the end of this season regardless of the horseshit thats been going on with DMG. I see they got the Buell pace bike back out there in Topeka. What a circus.

·
Premium Member
9,188 Posts
Sad to see him go but I did expect it. Good man, great rider and fierce competitor. He will be missed.

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
Just WOW AMA without Mladin on the track? ahhaah Suzuki will sign Duhamel for 2010!haahaah:spit:

·
Registered
10,362 Posts
you know nascrap will be over joy with this. now there no one to talk crap on how they run things.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
I have posted all along since the seson started that I thought this would be his last year racing with the AMA... oh well ...

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
you know nascrap will be over joy with this. now there no one to talk crap on how they run things.
Thats the first thing i thought when I heard the news. Mladin after packing his bags and heading home this weekend because the Topeka track is unsafe twitted that hes dissapointed in the rest of the riders for not doing the same, also called them spineles. Man doesnt mince words. Jaime being about as strong an advocate for track safety packed up too.
Wonder if the DMG fines them??

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
that would be some dumb shit if AMA/DMG fines the guys who choose not to race cause its unsafe.. I wouldn't pay it if I were them either (If they did fine them) its your right to either ride or not ride when it comes to your safety and the safety of others on the track. I think this is gonna be a turning point for alot of teams to stop and really think about if they really want to do all this crap over again next season...

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
I've been a fan for a long time, he was always a huge + for the sport.

I didn't think it would be possible but the AMA SBK series should be even more useless next year.

·
Green Hippie
17,566 Posts
not a surprise the way things are going in the sport,go out on top at least.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts