Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Administrator
6,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just showing what was posted, save your twitter hate. :lol:

I use twitter to keep up on racing things. I've been thinking of deleting MM though, he constantly bitches about the AMA when ever possible. Let it go man! :rolleyes:

Attachments

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
What on earth makes his old ass think any GP team would give him a wild card next year. He had his day, but its over, move on Mat, you retired.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
What on earth makes his old ass think any GP team would give him a wild card next year. He had his day, but its over, move on Mat, you retired.
Age has nothing to do with skills my friend! The guy still kick ass. Mladin is always fun to watch racing.

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
Age has nothing to do with skills my friend! The guy still kick ass. Mladin is always fun to watch racing.

OK, take the word "old" out of my post and I still stand by it.
No GP team will give him a Wild Card, maybe Yosh can field a WSBK spec GSXR for him at Miller, but no way for GP's.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Mladin did a stint in Gp in his prime and just didnt have the speed IF im remembering correctly .
That's because he didn't have the best bike, the experience on Just 1 team(*edit only one team for years), the illegal cranks, the Illegal Traction Control..etc. and not the same competition he would have faced in GP...:lol::spit::mrgreen:

·
Registered
890 Posts
Blue was it Cagiva he rode for? Then he was caught smoking pot?.. i remember some kind of drama story way back when . GP historians!! what ever happened to John Kosinski .... I was out of bikes for about 5 yrs ( kids, Business ect )

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Blue was it Cagiva he rode for? Then he was caught smoking pot?.. i remember some kind of drama story way back when . GP historians!! what ever happened to John Kosinski .... I was out of bikes for about 5 yrs ( kids, Business ect )
jake.......don't listen to me most know I am just a Mladin hater so I throw in some goodies against him every chance I get even did videos I believe shows his TRUE self.....I just thought I heard the last of him but nope just like I expected he broke a promise and won't go away quietly it seems.:badteeth::dontknow:

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
bluedevil said:
That's because he didn't have the best bike, the experience on Just 1 team(*edit only one team for years), the illegal cranks, the Illegal Traction Control..etc. and not the same competition he would have faced in GP...
:rolleyes:...that's why he killed everyone again this year on a basically stock bike? And why he's won more races than he lost against a kid who dominated wsbk in his first year and will likely be motoGP champion before long? I understand there are many people who've had a rough decade or so because of Mladin embarrassing their favorite rider on their favorite brand of bike but hey, cheer up. The asshats at dmg finally screwed racing up enough to make him want to leave and now all the so-so racers have a chance to win.

jake318 said:
Yeah, he was on a cagiva in '93 after winning the australian superbike championship in '92. But that was Gobert that got caught doing drugs, not Mladin. Mladin had no chance in GPs because cagiva F'ed him by giving him the backup bikes/parts and basically he was racing on his own. I think it was at the USGP that Mladin came to the pits during qualifying and none of the mechanics even came out to help him. They stood there and waited for Kocinski and chandler to come in before doing anything. Even with all this BS he was top ten in points and raced and beat some good guys on better bikes.

Speaking of Kocinski; did you see his dirt track bike on superbikeplanet? I think dirttrack ranks up there with nascrap but the bike he had built is :eyecrazy: http://www.superbikeplanet.com/image/archive/jkrotax09/

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
Mladin must be hangin out with Farve, if so he may do well :badteeth:

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Hell maybe he should get his ass on over the WSBK (gp ride, not happening), as that is where many over 35 year older guys are at...
He could of rode for a number of teams in WSBK if he got on the bus earlier in the year..

·
Registered
890 Posts
Phas thanks for the history info . Yes it was Gobert now that you mention it . Gobert had speed then it just seemed to vanish? ... Buit WHY the hating on Dirttracking? You have to admit you have to have a great amount of rider skill to do dirttrack. when looking for riders for my race team ( little only 2 bikes , experimenting really ) I would only consider a dirttracker or experianced road racer . No motocrossers ( they are known for tryinmg to correct lines midcorner and crashing .. have anouther story on that subject lol)

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
I will admit he has skill but he is such a arrogant prick. I think his time has come and gone for a chance to race GP - the new generation is beyond what he could keep up with plus his attitude would be detrimental to any GP team's image.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
You guys all talk about him being a prick, not saying he's not but I know I've never hung out with the guy and I'll bet most of you haven't either. He's got 7 AMA championships and countless others. Give the guy a break. A couple of my buddies raced at Topeka and let me tell you I don't blame Mladin at all for protesting. One friend wrecked pretty bad and was airlifted out. Man's got nothing to prove why don't everyone realize that and give it up. Bunch of drama queens.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
You guys all talk about him being a prick, not saying he's not but I know I've never hung out with the guy and I'll bet most of you haven't either. He's got 7 AMA championships and countless others. Give the guy a break. A couple of my buddies raced at Topeka and let me tell you I don't blame Mladin at all for protesting. One friend wrecked pretty bad and was airlifted out. Man's got nothing to prove why don't everyone realize that and give it up. Bunch of drama queens.
Good point but you have to be aware that when racing for a factory team your public image can make or break you. Maybe he is a nice guy but who is going to give anyone a chance if the second they open their mouth they undermine any positive message that a company may be looking to convey.

Drama queen??? Give me a break.

·
formerly GHOST RIDER
2,132 Posts
I want to see him race again, make it a close race tho not beating the kids at 30 sec..a race:spit:..I would also like to see him moved to WSBK or GP when he was in his prime..Hell I think he can still give some big mane boys a run for their money..especially with the right backing, the sky's the limit!!:eek:ccasion1

1 - 20 of 25 Posts