Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i don't know if anyone posted this, but it's a fun read. "I would prefer to stick a screwdriver in my eye, rather than having to race like this":lol:

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2009/Jul/e/n090718e.htm

oh, and Ray Blank of American Honda was also making me crack up.

"It is very difficult for me to comment on the AMA/DMG acceptance of the Buell in question as ashamedly it is evident we had an erroneous interpretation of both the rules and the homologation process," Blank said late Friday. "I am excited now for the opportunity to consider "homologation specials" and we will diligently consider the manufacture of a similarly spec'ed Honda racer for the Superbike field as soon as it is economically feasible. This is an exciting new opportunity for all manufacturers and I am ashamed to have missed this chance through our inability to accurately analyze the current rules. Frankly, this could really be fun." :lol:

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Good, I am glad he finally spoke up. GayMA/DMG needs everybody to shit on them... then leave to another race organization. That would be awesome!

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
I just love reading DMG get blasted...they deserve every bit of negative attention.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
I like Mladin speaking up but this is one of the reasons I don't like Mladin:
It's a purpose-built race bike that's racing in a class where you have to have a certain amount of street bikes homologated every year and sold every year, to be able to be eligible to race in it.
Wasn't he caught for the same thing he is complaining about? :1848:

bloo

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
I like Mladin speaking up but this is one of the reasons I don't like Mladin:

Wasn't he caught for the same thing he is complaining about? :1848:

bloo
Actually Bloo I think the Suzuks were punished for having an illegal crank. While this new Buell is a race only bike being allowed to run in an almost stock street bike class. :headshake

The AMA is blatantly favoring Buell, first they allow 1125cc bikes to run against 600s while only allowing Ducati to use their 848 in the class. By the standard given to Buell, Ducati should be allowed to use their 1098...they're both twins.

Now they've allowed Buell to basically run a Superbike that's not streetable against SS 600s. And to add to that there's a rule that doesn't allow new bikes to be introduced to the series after June 1.

What these dumbasses don't seem to understand is that the people that watch MC racing isn't the same group as the ******* nascrap fans that just want to cheer for anything American...I could care less about buell and their crappy product and everyone I know feels the same. The best riders and the best machine/crew deserve to win, it doesn't matter where you come from imo.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
DMG and GAYMA NASCRAP just sucks plain and simple and I hope that next season no one races with them, and there will be another Race Organization that will follow rules and be more like WSBK...

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
on a side note though the First SBK race was a pretty good race so was the sportbike race at first... then of course well if ya watch it you will find out ....

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Actually Bloo I think the Suzuks were punished for having an illegal crank. While this new Buell is a race only bike being allowed to run in an almost stock street bike class. :headshake

The AMA is blatantly favoring Buell, first they allow 1125cc bikes to run against 600s while only allowing Ducati to use their 848 in the class. By the standard given to Buell, Ducati should be allowed to use their 1098...they're both twins.

Now they've allowed Buell to basically run a Superbike that's not streetable against SS 600s. And to add to that there's a rule that doesn't allow new bikes to be introduced to the series after June 1.

What these dumbasses don't seem to understand is that the people that watch MC racing isn't the same group as the ******* nascrap fans that just want to cheer for anything American...I could care less about buell and their crappy product and everyone I know feels the same. The best riders and the best machine/crew deserve to win, it doesn't matter where you come from imo.
Let me be clearer I am not SAYING anything Mladin said is wrong other than using the word homologated in his complaint and the same reason he lost Points against BEN. :1848:.....I just don't like the fact he never mentions that:rolleyes: that plus the other vids I posted how he treated other riders after races including Kawi riders, his Tude....etc.....bottom line he was caught or his team was so at least have the Balls as well not use the same WORD THAT YOU ACTUALLY LOST POINTS FOR THE SAME INFRACTION DURING A CHAMPIONSHIP RUN......that's all :mrgreen::thumbsup::lol::helmet:

·
Registered
927 Posts
Hey I'm all for Buell making a race bike. I just hope they us the MV Agusta they bought. If they don't then what is the worry because it will be a piece of shit anyway. IF Buell wants to race then fine just let my Ducati have the same rules and Kick the Shit out of them all day long.

·
Caedite Eos Novit Enim Do
2,461 Posts
there's something wrong when there's an 1125R in 600ss and an 1125r/rr running in sbk, looks like ama/dmg should allow jap 1000cc bike's in the 600 class (fair is fair). i knew this year was going to be a cluster fuck but ama far exceeded my expectations

·
SPLAT!!!
2,340 Posts
What the f*ck does mladin care? I didnt know all that BS about him cheating or whatever, but the way he used to talk shit about being bored and winning ALL the time, by huge margins. I know DMG is bullshit for allowing this, but F*CK MLADIN! AND F*CK AMA/DMG

·
Registered
91 Posts
Let me be clearer I am not SAYING anything Mladin said is wrong other than using the word homologated in his complaint and the same reason he lost Points against BEN. :1848:.....I just don't like the fact he never mentions that:rolleyes: that plus the other vids I posted how he treated other riders after races including Kawi riders, his Tude....etc.....bottom line he was caught or his team was so at least have the Balls as well not use the same WORD THAT YOU ACTUALLY LOST POINTS FOR THE SAME INFRACTION DURING A CHAMPIONSHIP RUN......that's all
This is just from memory so my apologies if I'm wrong about this but I think one of Mladin's biggest complaints after he was penalized was that they didn't check Spies or Tommy Hayden's bikes for the same thing, which he argued they were all team mates on the same bikes. If I am remembering that correctly, it's just another example of outcome "manipulating", even before DMG got involved.

There is a really good article in this months Cycle World magazine by Kevin Cameron where he pretty much bashes DMG without saying it out-right. An excerpt:

"What is important here is the crucial relationship between the spectator and the results. Seen in business terms, race results are a product offered by the sanctioning body. If the customer – the ticket buyer – doesn’t like the product, a more attractive product must be developed and put in its place. If, just as a purely hypothetical example, our focus-group work reveals that hundreds of thousands of Czech citizens would attend our races if a Jawa were to finish regularly in the top-three, it would be our clear responsibility to our stockholders to consider how to achieve that result."

When you look at DMGs efforts from that business perspective it becomes very clear why they want Buell winning races. The whole article is pretty good if any of you subscribe to CW.

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
I'm kinda sick about all the AMA DMG bashing! yes they have some weird rules but has anyone thats crying about AMA DMG been watching the racing? it's the best racing I have ever seen! seems to me people just like to complain and band wagon jump.

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
AMA is not going anywhere! They are having the same problems with motocross/supercross, they killed the 2 stroke by allowing twice the displacement with 4 stroke. Many private racers stop racing because it is way too expensive. AMA races are boring on dirt and on pavement anyways. American racing right now is just BLAH as fuck. I don't care waht people say.. I like Mladin!

·
Registered
91 Posts
I'm kinda sick about all the AMA DMG bashing! yes they have some weird rules but has anyone thats crying about AMA DMG been watching the racing? it's the best racing I have ever seen! seems to me people just like to complain and band wagon jump.
You enjoy watching the Buell blast by the 600s on the front straights and then watching the 600s pass the Buell in the corners, only to watch them repeat that lap after lap? I personally can't stand watching that. Everytime a Buell passes another rider simply because his bike makes significantly more horsepower than the other bike, I get pissed off. Same goes when Davies does it on his Aprilia.

I guess if I didn't know any better I would think all the passing I was seeing during a race was "good" racing instead of just plain unfair.

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
I have watched it....mostly with an odd fascination. It's like a trainwreck...you HAVE to watch to see who gets run over sort to speak...

I love close races...unless it's close because of some bullshit them it's just no-good IMHO.

I don't know much about racing...but even so I could still realize right away that something wasn't right. Then I saw an 1125 pass a 6R and I wanted to know how the hell they pulled that off. Next thing ya know, I hear about double-standards, DMG not following their OWN rules, Buell winning and all the publicity that should have gone to someone who wasn't handed the wins from DMG. Why is DMG allowing an 1125 Buell? What about a 1098 Ducati? What's up with that? I haven't heard a single good response to those simple questions. It is obvious that DMG is seriously backing Buell and hindering others. Bias anyone? Lying anyone? Double-standards anyone? Flagrant rule breaking anyone?

And what really puts the icing on the cake is the general ATTITUDE of DMG. They think they can do whatever the fuck they want whenever the fuck they want...and if you don't like it then fuck off.

"...Oh, what's that? You disagree with my rule-breaking? I guess it's time to tear your bike apart for inspection now then huh?..."

They seem to try to bully people into not speaking up...and when their isn't even room in a series to ask questions to these wanna-be-enthusiasts, the series is in SERIOUS trouble. At this point AMA and DMG could disappear and I wouldn't shed a single tear.

This is aimed squarely at DMG...not you man. I know you are probably riding the wheels off that Buell ehh? :cool:

I am not crying I swear! :badteeth:

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
look at the only # that matters, Power to weight! and the buell is inline with the rest of the field! I swear if Buell was on a 1000cc and not a 1125 would you all be bitching so much? and if so... why do I not hear any complaints about the Aprilia? There is such a hatred for Buell that it would not matter if Danny was winning on a 600cc Buell there would be hate! Buell is doing Good and it's a GREAT bike get over it!......:headshake

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
I have watched it....mostly with an odd fascination. It's like a trainwreck...you HAVE to watch to see who gets run over sort to speak...

I love close races...unless it's close because of some bullshit them it's just no-good IMHO.

I don't know much about racing...but even so I could still realize right away that something wasn't right. Then I saw an 1125 pass a 6R and I wanted to know how the hell they pulled that off. Next thing ya know, I hear about double-standards, DMG not following their OWN rules, Buell winning and all the publicity that should have gone to someone who wasn't handed the wins from DMG. Why is DMG allowing an 1125 Buell? What about a 1098 Ducati? What's up with that? I haven't heard a single good response to those simple questions. It is obvious that DMG is seriously backing Buell and hindering others. Bias anyone? Lying anyone? Double-standards anyone? Flagrant rule breaking anyone?

And what really puts the icing on the cake is the general ATTITUDE of DMG. They think they can do whatever the fuck they want whenever the fuck they want...and if you don't like it then fuck off.

"...Oh, what's that? You disagree with my rule-breaking? I guess it's time to tear your bike apart for inspection now then huh?..."

They seem to try to bully people into not speaking up...and when their isn't even room in a series to ask questions to these wanna-be-enthusiasts, the series is in SERIOUS trouble. At this point AMA and DMG could disappear and I wouldn't shed a single tear.

This is aimed squarely at DMG...not you man. I know you are probably riding the wheels off that Buell ehh? :cool:

I am not crying I swear! :badteeth:
it's all good man ! :eek:ccasion1

1 - 20 of 36 Posts