Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,647 Posts
:eek2: Wow! Yeah, noone has a chance now of catching Spies. He could sit out the rest of the year and still take it.

I always knew there was something funny about his crank! :spit:

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
i hope they all get inspected and FAIL! i dont mind Spies though, and i knew that the old man was not that much faster than Ben at VIR, he accelerated away from the pack at almost .5 per lap in both races

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
About time the AMA actually took an interest in catching Suzuki cheating. Once in 4 years is a "great" record on the AMA's part.

Do they automatically check the bikes after the race or does there need to be a protest filed?

·
Accountant in training.
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Do they automatically check the bikes after the race or does there need to be a protest filed?
I thought they checked the top 5. Definitely the top 3 finishers. I think any further down the field would need a protest filed.

BD or anyone know for sure?? :dontknow:

Chris

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
You guys crack me the fuck up, i am sure mladin ws like "yeah make sure my bike is illegal" shit he probably did it himself, while everybody else was asleep.
:screwy:

Just another reason why iwon't be watching AMA anymore this year, it actually was probably gonn be a good finish, not now, who cares.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Some good points from another forum:

The head of tech decides what he wants to see. The top three bikes are impounded after the race is over. The head of tech tells the crew chiefs what part he wants to see. It is usually only one part, it is the same on all three bikes, and it can be anything at all. Occasionally they take nothing. They usually take fuel samples too. Sometimes they have a good hunch from somewhere about a particular part that is not compliant and that is what they will look at on all the bikes if one of the non compliant bikes wins. For example, if an engine builder mentions to someone he built a bunch of Honda engines with non compliant crank shafts and a Honda wins a big race, they will look at crank shafts. Usually, however, they try to cover most major internals in a random order.

This is not the procedure if someone protests - that is completely different. But Mladin was caught on a tear down, not a protest.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts

What if everything they did was legal and it came down to something like the weight of the sample cranks sent to the AMA from Suzuki were less than Mat's crank due to machine tolerance differences. The first crank cut is usually lighter than the last one because of dulling. Mat may have had a disadvantage for all we know. I am only speculating though.

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
Wow the season just concluded. And who knows if there will even be one next year.

·
Registered
252 Posts

What if everything they did was legal and it came down to something like the weight of the sample cranks sent to the AMA from Suzuki were less than Mat's crank due to machine tolerance differences. The first crank cut is usually lighter than the last one because of dulling. Mat may have had a disadvantage for all we know. I am only speculating though.
i was thinking the same. now the question is what was the yoshi team thinking?...were they under the wrong impression?

1 - 20 of 58 Posts