Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting a missfire at 10000rpm on my 04 ZX-10R.

It started at a track day a month ago during the last session.
Then it did it again on a Sunday morning ride, but only after riding for an hour.
The following Sunday it didn't do it at all.
We changed the plugs.
Then today it did it again at a track day, but only started missfiring after 5 sessons. The 6th session it didn't missfire at all, but for the rest of the day it carried on missfiring.
It missfires at 10k rpm, but stops missfiring from 11k rpm to redline, but will start again when the revs drop down through 10k rpm.

Anyone got any ideas what's causing this and how to fix it :dontknow:

·
Registered
179 Posts
How many miles does the bike have on it? Maybe your valves are out of adjustment? Or you have a bad spark plug cap, stick coil they call it now. Good luck.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How many miles does the bike have on it? Maybe your valves are out of adjustment? Or you have a bad spark plug cap, stick coil they call it now. Good luck.
The bikes got 20 000km on it. We checked the valves when we put in the new plugs.

Fortunately, due to misfortune, my mate wrote off his ZX-10 last Sunday. He's ok, cracked vetebrae. I'm going to plunder the twidly bits off his bike to try and solve the missfire.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hello there,

Have you fixed the missfire problem yet?I have a 04 got about 13k km on. Excatly the samething happen at 10,000rpm....I was thinking the spark plug but I guess its not the problem.....fuel pump possiblely??:dontknow:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts