Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so today i was out riding the bike, was sitting in traffic, bike was running great, i stalled it. I got it started again and noticed it sounded horrible, like a 250, and i could tell there was something wrong. I pulled over i turned the bike off, and tried to start it... nothing.. I checked power at my pc3 and was good to go. I went home got my trailer and towed the bike home. I then unplugged the pc3 and hooked the bike out with out it.. bike fired up but still had the same miss sound. I checked temp on all cylinders and the #1 cylinder was 300+ degrees less than the rest. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas before i go as far as pulling the plugs tomorrow.

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Sounds like no spark to me. I know it doesnt help much, but youre starting where I would. Plug, stick coil and the connections.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yep, i know there is no spark there, i just am hoping its nothing bad.. i would be pissed, i guess now is time to upgrade plugs, what does everyone use?

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
stock plug is NGKCR9EIA and check the coil packs to see one isnt bad.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well #1 and # 2 coils ohm out the same, they are ok, now time to pull the plugs.. ughhh then if nothing, i will be opening the valve cover..

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well pulled plugs, not sure if this is a good thing or bad thing, but they all look fine, went ahead and ordered some ngk plugs i am gonna put in after work

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well i got a update, noticed i was only checking the primary winding on the coil pack, not the 2nd winding. found the 2nd windings open on the #1 cylinder= bad coil pack, time to get a new one

·
The Pace
7,014 Posts
That coil. If all the plugs are fouled, then the top flies are not opening, which is the throttle servo motor fail.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts