Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
can we ride yet!?!?!?
3,522 Posts
i had a '97 9 that i had bought new and i miss it too. it wasn't as powerful as my 10 (but was still bad azz) and was oh so comfy. i been lookin' for one to add to my garage:thumbsup:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The 9 was damn clean for 24k on it.

yeah,had the wheels,swingarm,fairing bracket and sidestand powdercoated, new brakelines,seatcowl and matching hugger and undertray and a new (ebay) exhaust on for the start of last summer....no expense spared.....and then i blew the cylinder head gasket (just before i traded her in :lol:)

she was beautiful and i miss her so........:mrgreen:

·
Caedite Eos Novit Enim Do
2,461 Posts
i'v been looking looking for another zx-9, i had 2-94's loved them, i had a 1998 9R i miss it the most, and i had a 00 9R loved it too,now i can't find a decent one to save my ass.

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
shouldve got the first gen 10r, then youd have no regrets.

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
i got one bro! i still would like to have my 9 back. but by no means whatsoever to replace my 10! i just want it to have a friend!
:eek:ccasion1haha thats a funny way to put it. i remember when i first saw the '01 zx-9r back when i was a senior in highschool. every friday night on erie blvd in syracuse cars and bikes would line up, show off and race for a lil bit. i must have spent 20 min walking around that bike looking at it.

·
La Flama Blanca
7,720 Posts
I had a 99 for 7 years, I miss it, but I got the 04 to replace it, but I had alot of good times on the 9r, very underrated bikes, mine put down 144hp with full Akra, and Timing advancer, BMC, and Ivans Jet kit.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Im also a memeber of "i shouldnt have sold my Candy lime green metallic 01 ZX9" Club Wooping on busa's Stock carborated bike with a slip on then riding home 2 hours in total comfort was the best

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well nearly 12 months into zx10 ownership,great bike but still miss my zx9.....so......looking for 1 as a second/winter bike now :lol: just dont tell the missus :mrgreen:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Wow this is like secret confession in this thread. Ok I admit it, I miss my blue '99 ZX9. Traded it for my '04 10 almost four years ago now. I wouldn't give up my 10 for anything (even an '08 rode it, dont much care for it), but I miss that big ol comfy girl.
Of course the 10 is quicker and scarier, thats what appealed to me when I tested it all those years ago, but the confidence I had on that 9, I'm sure on some days on some roads I was quicker on that tubby blue thing.
Damn, I promised myself I wouldn't cry :crybaby2:

·
Registered
201 Posts
This one isn't mine, but I put almost 70k and 2 topends on one just like it.

I miss it a lot!!!
Had to buy a zx14 and a zx10r to help me get over it!!!

My bro-inlaw has a 2000 zx9r with like 6 or 7k on the odo and the 2" chicken strips. I keep buggin' him to just give it to me! ;)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts