Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 04 ZX10r it has a misfire over 9000rpm almost like a fuel cut or ignition cut it does not do it all the time it almost trys to accelerate through the revs but not quite.
It has had a little work has been 1050 race inlet and exhaust cams full yoshi and pc3 has been running great for a while but now spat its dummy at me.
Have replaced the plugs and tested the coil packs for spark all check out fine checked all the compressions and the wiring connections all seem fine, seems like a cut of some sort, any idea's

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
:welcome::welcome:

·
GP Star/Official Spam Spotter
5,756 Posts

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Plugs

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah I have tried just about everything I remove the power commander altogether, it didn't run that great but still lost power at 9000rpm?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sure does, without load rev's fine, under 9000 ride ok. revs fine up to 9000 then cuts out. tried changing fuel tanks, pump filter. still cuts out...

·
Rent this space
6,590 Posts
Its not a huge job, but worth a look, take the fuel rail off and check to see if there is sludge in there, with a returnless system sometimes the ends of the rail can block up with clag and eventually get to the injectors.

And if you have access to a compression tester or a leakdown tester , check your cylinder pressures.

FWIW , I got red sludge out of my fuel rail.

·
Rent this space
6,590 Posts
Another question, does it do it with a full tank only, or all the time ?

The reason I ask, is because I have seen returnless systems lock out without a good vent in the tank , when the tank is full.

Maybe try running the bike with the gas cap open too.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts