Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Have a problem with a 2006 zx10. Engine misfiring and popping back at low rpms not going past 4000 rpms and cutting out. Anyone have any ideas what might be the problem?

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Possibly a coil out or bad spark plugs. Maybe an injector but the popping possibly indicates there is fuel. Is there a FI light on?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No F1 lights on right now. The problem started with the bike just cutting out and right back in at time while riding and now it just does not go anymore. On move off it goes until you reach about 3,500 rpms and you get bad popping back in the exhaust and it cuts out. Thanks for your speedy reply ducatiryder89

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Sounds weird. Could also be a cam position sensor issue. I've seen those same symptoms when the sensor is malfunctioning. Have you had the valve cover off lately?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi guys being out for a while no got around to checking the bike again. I downloaded the manual and it'd showing the following codes. 54, 53, 52. I checked the output voltage from the ECU and was ok. I also checked the coils and all the primary's checked at .9 and secondary's at 10.2 . I,m of the opinion it needs the coils. Need a few opinions please.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Hi guys being out for a while no got around to checking the bike again. I downloaded the manual and it'd showing the following codes. 54, 53, 52. I checked the output voltage from the ECU and was ok. I also checked the coils and all the primary's checked at .9 and secondary's at 10.2 . I,m of the opinion it needs the coils. Need a few opinions please.
so it went from no codes to showing 3 codes?????

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well was my badd didn't look at the manual before and do the self diagnostic at that time just had brief look and ride of the bike. When i first got it took it out for a ride to see the problem rode pretty smooth without any harsh throttle for about five mins then there was a huge backfire had ppl running for cover then it was hell to get the bike back home started misfiring like crazy would not take any throttle pass about 3000 rpm but would idle fine. Now it won't even start.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Changed the plugs and checked the coils all of them reading low on the primary side will try and see if i can borrow a set that's working for sure and see what happens.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts