Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Your not going to blow fuses, its the opposite really depending on what resistors are wired into the back LED's you may find you will need resistors for the front now as well.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I can't catch a break. I have coolant leaking, presumably from the water pump. I'm quite ignorant but I've read things about coolant leak and bad head gasket and coolant mixing with engine oil and spark plugs failing. Could it all the related? This is the thread.

I'm confused.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 · (Edited)
Some pics. I poked at the shiny greenish thing that is in line with the drain bolt with the copper washer at it was watery and slippery. Definitely coolant. I noticed the leak because there were a couple of brownish drop under the oil drain plug, but the drops as much as they were slippery they were not super slippery like engine oil and the brownish color has to be dirt that the coolant collects as it runs down the exterior of the oil pan.
IMG_20210425_224208.jpg
IMG_20210425_224155.jpg

EDIT: Found this
since the leak is coming from the back of the pump I'm thinking this might fix it. Stupid question: I cannot open the cover without draining the coolant first right? Do I also have to drain the engine oil as the manual says even if I'm just pulling out the impeller?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 · (Edited)
Replaced the spark plugs with new ones and coil plugs with some used ones. I also reinstalled the quickshifter. Bike is now smooth and pulls like a bitch just like i remembered her. Also took the water pump apart and reinstalled it putting silicone over the orings and over the course of next week we'll see i manged to fix the oil drip as well. It has been a hellish couple of weeks but it seems that's it.
IMG_20210502_192446.jpg

Thanks everyone who contributed to this thread: you are the MVPs.

My dear Shandra thanks you.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts