8 A. West Kawasaki Racing Team Kawasaki
9 Colin Edwards Fiat Yamaha Team Yamaha M1
10 Shinya Nakano Konica Minolta Honda Honda RC212V
11 Alex Hofmann Pramac D'Antin Ducati GP7
12 Sylvain Guintoli Tech 3 Yamaha Yamaha M1
13 Nicky Hayden Repsol Honda Team Honda RC212V
14 Makoto Tamada Tech 3 Yamaha Yamaha
15 Kurtis Roberts Team Roberts KR212V

Pretty boring race, again. Good battle between the zuks, which are really doing well. Michelin couldnt find anything, again. And Rossi was out with an engine failure.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
Yea a rather uneventful race with the hobbit & de puniet playin tag and end up forcing Nicky to make evasive moves to not join them 2 fuggahs while they roll on the beach together........:rant: :BangHead:

BD

·
Registered
406 Posts
go Aussies, i cant wait for phillip island to come around aussies 1st 2nd and 3rd.

·
talker of shite
7,285 Posts
gotta agree was a snoozefest of a race again!!! I even went out walking my dog before it finished. At lap 9 or so it looked good as Vermin was catching Stoner but after that it went all too predictable again. Props to Casey as he's proving to be a fantastic rider & has all year.... BUT... EVERYONE ELSE GET YER FINGERS OUT CUZ MOTO GP IS BORING!!!!!! change the tyre rules or engine size... whatever, just give us a race that lasts till the checkered flag:ayyy:

·
Registered
377 Posts
Yes, GP is boring right now. Stoner and the Duc are on fire....must be all that good lovin' from his new hot wife.:wink:

I find myself getting into the AMA Supersport races more than ever. Watch the 600 in AMA or World for good tight racing.

Superbike is not much better than GP.....what Mladin and Spies have a 8 second lead again on their zuks.....yawn. Fun watching Hacking mix it up back in 3rd though. Getting Hacking was a smart move for Kawi for sure and I hope to see him closer to the front on the 10 next year.

·
talker of shite
7,285 Posts
I think 08 will be better as the teams will have more data to work from, I also think Michelin has lost interest in racing & won't be as involved so more teams will switch to Bridgestone.... & I'll have JT to shout for as well as VR:mrgreen:

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
I think 08 will be better as the teams will have more data to work from, I also think Michelin has lost interest in racing & won't be as involved so more teams will switch to Bridgestone.... & I'll have JT to shout for as well as VR:mrgreen:
hope ya don't loose yer voice shoutin for those two cuz their gonna need it.
Tire rules are just fine as the prob lies with the manuf.

BD

·
talker of shite
7,285 Posts
hope ya don't loose yer voice shoutin for those two cuz their gonna need it.
Tire rules are just fine as the prob lies with the manuf.

BD
True enough, like I said Michelin just don't seem to have the same attitude or resources they used to have, hopefully 08 will see a more level playing field & JT will run away with the title:thumbsup: lol, if he gets regular top 6 in his 1st year I'll be well happy:ayyy: & if VR & others have a decent set of tyres under them as well as a decent bike, we'll see great races in moto gp again & we'll all live happily ever after & all that:badteeth:

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
Be interesting to see how JT goes with his SBK background vs the 250 style of others and if he needs to adjust his style any.

BD

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
has rossi ranked first at all this year?

·
Registered
329 Posts
Cant wait till everyone has to play by the same rules.( And I own a Duc.) Kawi should put more $$ for top riders.

·
talker of shite
7,285 Posts
yup, 3 wins for VR.. jerez, mugello & assen. I think JT will surprise a few, this year he has really come of age in sbk & some of his passing has been top notch, if he can take that to moto gp he'll do well imo

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
I don't think Rossi was ever points leader this year. Stoner ran away early.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
yup, 3 wins for VR.. jerez, mugello & assen. I think JT will surprise a few, this year he has really come of age in sbk & some of his passing has been top notch, if he can take that to moto gp he'll do well imo
TB is still the man in WSBK though. :wink:

BD

·
Banned
1,052 Posts
I don't think that the 250 riding style is so important. Many have claimed that it's required for the newer less powerful machines, but Hopkins doesn't ride with a 250 style, and I think that Nicky has proven that if you dial back the electronics a bit, you can ride them more like a SB.

If it were up to me, I'd force the manu's to dump any and all forms of traction control. This would show us who really belongs in the top class, and who should be riding mopeds in a parking lot somewhere. F1 has finally seen the light and banned T.C. for 08', hopefully MotoGP wont be far behind.

Be interesting to see how JT goes with his SBK background vs the 250 style of others and if he needs to adjust his style any.

BD

1 - 20 of 39 Posts