1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
Should I just stop trying to find mirrors with blinkers and wire them into the running lights instead?

I would say yes, wire them into your running lights and go grab up some 07 cbr1000rr mirrors and call it a day!! I have been to about 2 kawasaki dealerships since I did the mod and every person there asks what they are and why kawasaki did design the bike this way etc...

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
I found that mirrors are really good to hang your gear on, other than that I dont see a use.

·
5,932 Posts
I tend to like having mirrors on the street even if you say its a waste. Sorry man road for almost 2 years with the 2 honda's with no mirrors and my neck always hurt like a bitch having to look behind me at high speeds while passing. Even though I dont use my mirrors much and trust me they dont give me a false sense of security either, but its nice if I'm running over 100+ not having to turn my head to see if I have anything on my tail when I can just look up and see etc. Now any where other then on the street there off my bike like a dirty shirt

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
I tend to like having mirrors on the street even if you say its a waste. Sorry man road for almost 2 years with the 2 honda's with no mirrors and my neck always hurt like a bitch having to look behind me at high speeds while passing. Even though I dont use my mirrors much and trust me they dont give me a false sense of security either, but its nice if I'm running over 100+ not having to turn my head to see if I have anything on my tail when I can just look up and see etc. Now any where other then on the street there off my bike like a dirty shirt

I tend to look over my shoulder anyway's just in case, I do the same in my truck too. I dont trust the mirrors at all. But i suppose its whatever your comfortable with.

·
5,932 Posts
I dont trust them either but I always do the glance hear there in them to check for cops lol. But I always look over my shoulder too, I just like having the mirrors so if a leo is on my ass I dont have to do the double take and freak out, with the mirrors I can just play it by year on how hes acting and base my riding around it Ha ha

·
Registered
282 Posts
I use my mirrors like crazy man, and the new 10R mirrors are the best I have ever had. Totally convinced me away from thinking they were hidious.

Reason 1. Bike was knocked over by a reversing car (bike was parked)...mirror folded and didn't break (first time ever), and that very sturdy base protected against fairing damage along with the bar ends.

Reason 2. The signals are very visable

Reason 3. Pop off so easy for track days

Reason 4. Best rear view of any sport bike by far

Why do I use my mirrors you ask?

Reason 1. Use it when I brake so some cowboy cager doesn't misjudge and ram me

Reason 2. For lane changes of course...though usually I'm faster than cars and know that I just passed the guy I'm getting in front of now....but on some occassions they seem to find I did it too closely and have in the past felt a point to prove and tried to hunt me down. Cagers get jealous real easy!

Reason 3. Check on my passenger, make sure they are ok and riding in a good position

Reason 4. ESSENITIAL on rainy days cause cagers are lethal and ride my ass!!! So I check, then swat my hands at them and keep them at bay!

Dudes use your mirrors!

·
5,932 Posts
Right there with you I use them but I don't let them give me a false sense of security either though cause some guys live and die by there mirrors. But nice write up but most of that is just common sense and you should always do that kind of stuff. Just never stop looking over your shoulder and your gravy

·
Registered
282 Posts
Right there with you I use them but I don't let them give me a false sense of security either though cause some guys live and die by there mirrors. But nice write up but most of that is just common sense and you should always do that kind of stuff. Just never stop looking over your shoulder and your gravy

ahh yes, I agree. I mistook you earlier for being "too cool for school (mirrors)"

mirrors and the shoulder check:+1:

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
I guess im just "too cool for school", you have a very valid point and it all makes since, the mirrors just dont work for me whether it be my riding posture or my size.

·
5,932 Posts
yeah, the stock mirrors suck with these 3rd gens thats why I ran the running lights as blinkers and strapped on 07cbr1000rr mirrors off one of my bikes before this one.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Unless your track riding I personally think it's a retarded idea to remove your mirrors, come on people it's a safety thing!!!

·
Cross-Eyed Cat
339 Posts
Should I just stop trying to find mirrors with blinkers and wire them into the running lights instead?

I would say yes, wire them into your running lights and go grab up some 07 cbr1000rr mirrors and call it a day!! I have been to about 2 kawasaki dealerships since I did the mod and every person there asks what they are and why kawasaki did design the bike this way etc...

Would you mind posting some pics...I would like to see how they look.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
Im still trying to figure out if I should run the front turn signals where the running lights are at?? but as for now I will keep them in the stock location I think more people see them that way. Id like to see a 08/09 with the signals on the body work like the old ones... I suppose the 2010 will have those then all we need to do is get new body work for our 08/09/s LOL ...

·
Registered
138 Posts
I bought the European turn signals to get rid of the god awful buttermilk biscuit stock turn signals. Looks great...but I noticed at highway speed I get a little unstable due to the turn signals not reflecting the wind properly. My guess is the stock signals and mirror were an afterthought...after they realized how unstable the bike was at speed. That's why they look so awful and out of place. My .02

1 - 15 of 15 Posts