Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After running the bike with the pipe for a little while I went to put the mirrors back on and noticed the mounting holes are out of alignment. It is though I need to spread the fairing wider but there is no play there. Everything else seemed to go back together the right way so this has me baffled.

Anybody have this issue?

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
Never had the issue....Could be a couple things.

But to me it seems as basic as, you didn't have your bolts up there holding the fairings to the upper stay and the vibration along with just riding has moved your fairings a little.

Can you at least see the holes where the mirror bolts need to go? like the holes of the stay and fairings, even if they don't line up 100% can you see them?

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
heat and vibration probably moved your plastics a lil bit,..loosen everything up around the mounts and install the mirrors,.then tighten everything back up!

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Never had the issue....Could be a couple things.

But to me it seems as basic as, you didn't have your bolts up there holding the fairings to the upper stay and the vibration along with just riding has moved your fairings a little.

Can you at least see the holes where the mirror bolts need to go? like the holes of the stay and fairings, even if they don't line up 100% can you see them?
I can see the holes, theyt are about 40% off center on either side.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
heat and vibration probably moved your plastics a lil bit,..loosen everything up around the mounts and install the mirrors,.then tighten everything back up!
I've been trying that...if I put the mirror in one side it seems like I really have to try to stretch the other. I'll pull it and see if I'm missing something.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Take your windscreen off, loosen the two bolts up front, The fairing may have came out of the ram air port a bit also, just play with it. Have a buddy put the screw in while you are moving it around. They are a bitch to take apart and put back together. I have had the 10 apart twice and the 6 apart three times IT SUCKS!! So don't feel bad.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts