Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
there was something about this a while back dont remember if it worked or not ?? im guessing its not that big Miracle Mod thats a must have LOL..

·
Registered
860 Posts
haha, yeah I saw this in 2Wheeltuner. The idea makes sense. People do all kinds of stuff to keep engine heat away from air filters on cars. Who knows if it's enough to actually make a difference.

·
Chickenstrip Eater
4,075 Posts
"Like the difference between a 600 and 1000" , 7 RWHP. Yeah, that 300.00 KN cold air intake I put on my Taco was good for 3-5 HP. I'll wrap your box in Dynamat for 75.00.

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
haha, you could grap a couple more hp just from running a higher octane in the same sense and theres a pump that has 100 right down the road!! I see what there doing, but its shady in the same sense you have to ship your airbox out to them

·
Registered
41 Posts
"Like the difference between a 600 and 1000" , 7 RWHP. Yeah, that 300.00 KN cold air intake I put on my Taco was good for 3-5 HP. I'll wrap your box in Dynamat for 75.00.
:+1:
I'll do you one better- GOLD FOIL!!!!!! Cost is going up though.

Actually I'd really like to see temperature readings at both ends of the box on both 'modded' and un-modded.
I'm fairly certain that the airbox and stacks were made of the materials they are not only to keep the weight down, but to minimize the heat transfer.

That being said, the reflecting heat idea is not a bad one, but to really do it right, you'd be better off using something layered like an exhaust heat shield, polish it up and you have some decent reflective proerties too- and Blingin!!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
if there was a way where you could freeze your air box without the problem of condensation. it would work. dont eat before you ride gain some speed lol

·
Registered
829 Posts
I did something similar myself, very easy and dirt cheap. After removing the large rubber shroud, I decided I wanted to keep the airbox as cool as possible, so I obtained a roll of aluminium reflective tape from my local hardware store, and proceeded to cover the underside of the airbox. No idea if it makes a measurable difference, but the concept is sound, and the shroud is there for a reason.

Cheers,
Brian

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
What if I place dry ice in my shrouds? Would it help keep my air cool?

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
1 - 20 of 66 Posts