Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
If the head has been decked you may have issues with piston to valve contact with both Ape and Kibblewhite valves, they have a much thicker face, you may not get enough clearance using cam timing alone. The OE inlet valves are your cheapest option on G1 & 2 as they are steel and around 50 US a valve. They as far as I know are not on back order here, but you would get stuffed on import taxes. Have you thought about a second hand head to strip out for the best 8 of 16 intakes? Why do you need a new tensioner? You can get a new gasket from Cometic in the US.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Thank you for that information I honestly had no idea those aftermarket valves were like that! As I replied to Czano, I got the head gasket, cam chain tensioner and one valve. All other valves checked out perfectly. I wanted to change one of the intake valves since it had a decent amount of pitting growing on it.

With the chain tensioner I just said screw it and got a new one since I was already taking everything apart and to not have to worry about it in the future!

All is good now and the head is already back together and back on the engine!
All good, the tensioner spring often just needs packing with a washer in the screw cap end, to give a little more tension.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts