Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heading up to Miller for the full course day Sept 7th. Its our 8th year going and hoping its not going to be the last as Miller says their closing after the racing season this year. Bummer WTF. I hope some group will pick it up as it is to nice a facility to let close. We always go for the full course 4.5 miles 28 turns of just pure fun. The almost mile long straight really lets you stretch the legs of a 10R man I'm ready to go. If you have the time and money definately worth the trip especially since like I said it may not be there next year.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Will it be full course for the Utah SBA races as well in Sept?
No I don't think USBA runs the full course it will probably be the east or west course they run of perhaps perimeter. Actually the MotoAmerica series will be there next weekend the 26 and 27 of June and will hopefully run perimeter.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
WERA is there in July on the perimeter. But I was hoping that the mom races might hold a full course race in September.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
WERA is there in July on the perimeter. But I was hoping that the mom races might hold a full course race in September.

You could check with WERA and see but I don't think any org races the full course. Apex Trackdays is the only org I know of that holds a full course day. I checked the MOM schedule they are running the west course on Sept 5th and 6th and the east course at the end of the month.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
I read an article that said the city wants to keep the facility open and have a company manage it (rumors were the city was gonna turn the land into a prison). I've been there along with a few other top notch tracks and it is by far one of the nicest!

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I read an article that said the city wants to keep the facility open and have a company manage it (rumors were the city was gonna turn the land into a prison). I've been there along with a few other top notch tracks and it is by far one of the nicest!
It sure is. I hope that Tooele keeps it open that would be awesome. I had heard that the city was going to build a prison near the track but not on the track site itself.

·
Is still Slo
1,538 Posts
Yup.... i was gonna start a thread on this. Im trying to make sept7th as well.

Any tips for a miller newbie on where to stay and such?

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yup.... i was gonna start a thread on this. Im trying to make sept7th as well.

Any tips for a miller newbie on where to stay and such?

We usually stay at the Holiday inn express in Tooele. Its about 4 miles from the track. I think there is a Comfort inn near there also they are a bit cheaper. We will be in GP garage 19 come hang out with us if you can. :)

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Yikes.... 150ish per night. If I magically fit this into ny budget, I will definitely stop on by.
Ouch they raised the rate's since I booked my room with them. Try the Comfort Inn their rate is better I think.

I checked Comfort Inn their not a lot better 144. Its weird how the rates change I booked Holiday Inn 2 months ago and it was 109.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok getting down to crunch time. This time next week we will be riding the full course. Man i'm pumped I love to ride this track.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Waiting for my chain to come in. Amazon shows it delivered today, but it isn't here. Better be there when I wake up...I'm stressing! Not to mention I've never riveted a chain before. Got the slicks mounted today ($61 seems like a rip off.)
Just have to pull off the mirrors, plate, and pull the light wires. Can't wait!
Btw, I signed up for A group, but I figure I can drop down if I want.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Waiting for my chain to come in. Amazon shows it delivered today, but it isn't here. Better be there when I wake up...I'm stressing! Not to mention I've never riveted a chain before. Got the slicks mounted today ($61 seems like a rip off.)
Just have to pull off the mirrors, plate, and pull the light wires. Can't wait!
Btw, I signed up for A group, but I figure I can drop down if I want.
Hopefully you will get the chain ok. 61 bucks seems like way to much to mount two tires yikes. It should be a fun day. We are in gp garage 19 and will see you there. 😊

1 - 20 of 21 Posts