Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you don't think our military pilots earn their pay ... you need to take a look at this picture ... and then look again and realize what you're seeing.

This photo was taken by a soldier in Afghanistan of a helo rescue mission. The pilot is a PA National Guard guy who flies EMS choppers in civilian life. Now how many people on the planet you reckon could set the ass end of a chopper down on the roof top of a shack on a steep mountain cliff and hold it there while soldiers load wounded men in the rear. If this does not impress you ... nothing ever will. Gives me the chills and a serious case of the vertigo ... I can't even imagine having the nerve ... much less the talent and ability ... God Bless our military.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Great Pic Salute to the Armed Forces:thumbsup:

·
Damn I'm Getting Old
995 Posts
Yeah, the pilots do a great job. One of the reasons I loved the USAF was that we got to send our officers into combat, while the enlisted stayed behind to fix their planes and send them back again!

Saw a lot of B52s come back during the gulf war shot to shit and still flying. We had one KC135 drop two engines in flight and still make it down. The pilots definitely have some skills.

I still like to call them "Zipper Suited Sun-Gods" though.

·
La Flama Blanca
7,720 Posts
Rep for a awesome pic, A couple of months I was in Utah, on a Uh60, and we were supporting the cleanup of a f-4 that crashed in the mountains way back in the 70's. We had to hoist some big ass containers up to the top of the mountain for the ground crews to come in and fill since there was no way to get the containeers in by truck.

Well the Army pilot was off loading a couple of Airmen to undo the cargo cables when the chopper was airlifitng the containers, well we unloaded the Airmen on top of a mountiain in a spot that we found that was only about twice the fooprint of the chopper, he set the chopper down and set the brake and the chopper started to slide backward, i was getting a little nervous, but he resituated it just enough to park, it was quite exciting, I don't get to do that kind of stuff too often, I got a pretty lucky job right now in the Air Force to get to do that kind of cool stuff all the time.

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
thats pretty damn impressive.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Amazing!! Wonder what he could to with a "10"??:thumbsup:

·
Mythical Mod of Yore
4,465 Posts
yeah...back when I was in they made damned good chauffeurs...

seriously though, I've known a good many Army chopper pilots and they are some of the most talented sons of bitches I have ever met and they all have nerves of steel

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
Props to ALL the military for putting their ass on the line for US.:thumbsup:
:+1:.hell.......I 'm impressed!!!......nerves of steel!!

·
Registered
416 Posts
I was in Afghan when that was taken. We relieved the 82nd airborne who those pilots flew for. Army Warrant Officers who fly those helos' are probably the best in the biz, they deffinately put our Marine pilots to shame...:badteeth:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
[ ... God Bless our military.
Thank you... I wonder why some people see me in my uniform and turn their noses up at me?[/QUOTE]

Freedom of Expression....:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts