Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do yall think my motor got 21,000 mile on it and i was going to freshen it up this winter. I dont want to if its not a must its not smoking and still running good never had nos on it. I dragrace it and street ride i change the oil alot i never let the oil brake down, how many people bike got over 21,000 and still running good?

·
Premium Member
4,394 Posts
56,000 km and runs like new. Older Guy had a lot more than that on his '04 before he sold it.

I doubt if there is anything constructive to be found by rebuilding yours. The one issue with that particular model year is the alternator. You can update the alternator to the '05 design without even taking the engine out of the bike, but the parts bill ... ! ! !

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Ive got about 22k on my 04 and still runs like a champ!! Aside from normal oil changes and clean the air filter the only other thing Ive done is had the spark plugs changes and adjusted the valves. The guy who adjusted them said they looked good and needed only minor tweaking.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wow thanks guys i might just do some new cams and lower first tranny gear, i feel good now i was thinking thats alot of miles:thumbsup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts