Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious how I compare with everyone else out there. I bought my 10 in April of this year, brand new 0 miles. It is now September 1st and I have about 4500 miles on it. If I keep going at this rate I'll have about 9000 miles by the time I have it for a year.... ouch:eyecrazy: so about how many miles do you guys put on your bike?

·
Registered
162 Posts
bought mine the second week of december with 14,000 on it. Rode it when there wasn't snow and ice on the ground then put it up half way through Jan when I went out of town. Came back the first week of March and rode through the end of April then......back out of town. Back in mid May and rode through the middle of June then went out of town and didn't get it back out till mid July. Now has just under 21,000. But when I'm home I don't work and get to ride whenever I want lol
:rockwoot:

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
1 year=4700 miles, but I went crazy on the thing the first 2000 miles so I have cut back. Only bringing her out for track days and sundays lately..

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
theres like a few other threads that have been started about highest mileage ten

like here http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=75110&highlight=mileage

maybe next time do a search....ive had mine for 9 months and its has 13,234 now
Im not really curious about the highest mileage 10s... im curious to see where I fall compared to everyone else. Im sure there are people that put 20,000+ on their bikes but is that really realistic for the average individual? I don't feel like I ride that much but having my bike for only 5 months and having 4500 miles kind of shocked me. For some reason I like riding this bike more than my previous bikes:smile:

·
Registered
164 Posts
not to say anything bad or negative....mainly this is for any of the "stalker" types out there (not members, but viewers), but this is the kind of stuff that gets posted that gets bikes stolen.... :eyecrazy:

on a local forum we get on, a couple had their bikes stolen....I don't know the news where somoe of you guy on here are located, but I'd seriously be careful posting up TOO much information about your bikes....mileage and tags are two of the key items that theives look for details on....think about it?!

I'd try saying things like "about" or "some-what" or even "#-ish" (about 1000, some-what of 1000, 1000ish).

:thumbsup:

·
Dangerous
304 Posts
not to say anything bad or negative....mainly this is for any of the "stalker" types out there (not members, but viewers), but this is the kind of stuff that gets posted that gets bikes stolen.... :eyecrazy:

on a local forum we get on, a couple had their bikes stolen....I don't know the news where somoe of you guy on here are located, but I'd seriously be careful posting up TOO much information about your bikes....mileage and tags are two of the key items that theives look for details on....think about it?!

I'd try saying things like "about" or "some-what" or even "#-ish" (about 1000, some-what of 1000, 1000ish).

Paranoid much? :heyyou:
Just kiddin' I've got about 13k on my '06

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Im not worried about it. Whoever tries to steal my bike will get introduced to my 45.

·
YRR
1,595 Posts

If thats the case I have 50,000 miles on my 10 :badteeth:

·
Registered
634 Posts
Im not worried about it. Whoever tries to steal my bike will get introduced to my 45.
They will get the same treatment here. My biggest concern will be which gun I grab first although I think the Benelli will give the best medicine. I've long had my guns before I even got my CWP. I do have insurance so it wouldn't be a big loss, but I'll be damned if I'm going to stand idle while I get ripped off. I rarely don't have eyes on my rides.

·
5,932 Posts
All I can say is my alarm,lojack,rear stand, two dead bolts and garage door locked=good luck walking out alive cause by the time I hear anything your trespassing and will be shot by my beautiful m4 if not my glock 40 or desert eagle LOL...SO ANYONE WANTING TO STEAL MY BIKE LETS HAVE FUN

My eyes are the same way, bike nights I'm a hole 10ft max from my baby Haha

·
Registered
281 Posts
I dont want to sound dumb by why would a thief wanna know how many miles we put on our bikes?

·
5,932 Posts
I'm right there with you, if I was a thief I would be interested in how my screwdriver is getting jammed into the ignition on the bike not the mileage, just my .02 cents

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
They will get the same treatment here. My biggest concern will be which gun I grab first although I think the Benelli will give the best medicine. I've long had my guns before I even got my CWP. I do have insurance so it wouldn't be a big loss, but I'll be damned if I'm going to stand idle while I get ripped off. I rarely don't have eyes on my rides.
well we have something in common because I too have a Benelli (supernova) :wink:

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
All I can say is my alarm,lojack,rear stand, two dead bolts and garage door locked=good luck walking out alive cause by the time I hear anything your trespassing and will be shot by my beautiful m4 if not my glock 40 or desert eagle LOL...SO ANYONE WANTING TO STEAL MY BIKE LETS HAVE FUN

My eyes are the same way, bike nights I'm a hole 10ft max from my baby Haha
F'N A man you have an M4.... Im so jealous right now! Damn California and their stupid gun laws:BangHead:

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah that's a solid shotgun, really shotguns are the best choice of weapon in my book for a house, but my m4's so little I can swing that bitch around like nothing!!
dude now you're just teasing me with that m4 of yours!

·
5,932 Posts
I want another one so bad, trust me I only bought this one to begin with while I was still on active duty...I have been out for about 9-10 months now and only fired her about 3 solid times down range. Its almost a waste of a good weapon but I'll hold on to it tell I die haha

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I want another one so bad, trust me I only bought this one to begin with while I was still on active duty...I have been out for about 9-10 months now and only fired her about 3 solid times down range. Its almost a waste of a good weapon but I'll hold on to it tell I die haha
What branch were you in?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts