Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When someone posts pictures of Actual Mileage REMEMBER A BIKE CAN RUN WITHOUT A GUAGE, SO IT MAY NOT BE ACCURATE.

Best line of defense is to ask for Maintenance Records with receipts that are time stamped and check out the other Sticky I did on how to check out members selling on this site:

http://zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=48617

This Sticky is not to deter members from buying or Selling to other members as we have great success of selling on this site but something to be aware of...a search of this site may also tell how to tell if a bike has been abused but at the same time looks clean.

bluedevil

·
FEELING LUCKY, PUNK ?
5,738 Posts
Thanks bloo.
As for me, if Im ever going to buy a USED bike, it def. has to be someone I closely and physically know. Esp the economy right now, people are just selling whatever they can... God knows what and where those bikes had gone through.

·
Judge Dredd Mod
9,188 Posts
Thanks bloo.
As for me, if Im ever going to buy a USED bike, it def. has to be someone I closely and physically know. Esp the economy right now, people are just selling whatever they can... God knows what and where those bikes had gone through.
:+1:Great info.

·
Where'd the boobs go?
2,655 Posts
Good advice, buyer always be cautious in any buying situation even barely used machines. I've done alot of used buying and have heard every ounce of b.s. in the book. Good info, good info!!!:wink:

·
Registered
180 Posts
Amen to that!

·
Registered
13 Posts
When someone posts pictures of Actual Mileage REMEMBER A BIKE CAN RUN WITHOUT A GUAGE, SO IT MAY NOT BE ACCURATE.

Best line of defense is to ask for Maintenance Records with receipts that are time stamped and check out the other Sticky I did on how to check out members selling on this site:

http://zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=48617

This Sticky is not to deter members from buying or Selling to other members as we have great success of selling on this site but something to be aware of...a search of this site may also tell how to tell if a bike has been abused but at the same time looks clean.

bluedevil
That is the onli draw back when getting a used bike, i would always opt for the used option but there are always people out there who will take your money and not give you what you paid for. Good info.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
also bikes with altered sprockets will not have true odometer readings
yes another good point, if you see back sprocket changes from stock ask the question what they have done for milage accuracy if they have a blank look then they have no idea good time to say it's not accurate don't even know if the front sprocket is OEM size and ask for a price drop too. :idea: :wink::lol::idea::thumbsup:

bloo

1 - 10 of 10 Posts