Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.... well Ive had my power commander and ign module on for a while and I sent in the forum for extra rpm. Power commander sent me the code to get my rev limiter to 13,100 rpm. Well it has never worked for me, on the dyno and on the street but I think I finally fixed it with updating the firmware on the PC3 and Ign module! I revved it out on the way home from work and I crept up to the limiter and watch the tach burry itself in the clutser.,...... I think i might have short shifter but on the data logger it read 100 more rpm than usual. I'll test it for sure on the dyno tomorrow morning when im gunna be doing some tweeking to my bike soon.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
My 06 had the rev extend on it and 1-2 shift it worked, but didn't work in any other gear. Just my experience with it.

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
yeah i did a 2nd and 3rd gear pull, when im on the dyno I will know if it works or not, as long as it will do it in 6th I'll be happy thats where it counts!!! lol

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no, this is a feature that will only work with those with a power commander and an ignition module.

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well new firmware did the trick!!!!!! Put it on the dyno today and it revved to almost 13,100 rpm I set the dyno to 13,000 and it held it there just fine so im pretty happy. that extra rpm will come in handy on top speed runs!!!

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
well new firmware did the trick!!!!!! Put it on the dyno today and it revved to almost 13,100 rpm I set the dyno to 13,000 and it held it there just fine so im pretty happy. that extra rpm will come in handy on top speed runs!!!
:thumbsup: Thats what the directions that come with it are for. Glad to see you got it working.

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ahhh yeah i got my ign module and it actually didn't say anything about updating firmware. but I got mine a while back ago so idk if they caught up to it.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I know everyones sick of the tre, but does anyone out there that has it, tested the rev limit? I dont really want to rev my bikes neck in neutral to find out

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
For giggles I modifed the ignition pickup plate and advanced the timing around 5 degrees before/after on the dyno. No effect. You could hear that it raised the idle speed, but it didn't change the torque curve at all. Oh well. I would like a higher rev limit, but I'm not sure if I want to spend $330 for it. -Dean

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
For giggles I modifed the ignition pickup plate and advanced the timing around 5 degrees before/after on the dyno. No effect. You could hear that it raised the idle speed, but it didn't change the torque curve at all. Oh well. I would like a higher rev limit, but I'm not sure if I want to spend $330 for it. -Dean
we found 2-3 degrees made a small difference anything more and it started losing power.:thumbsup:

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ive been suing the ignition module and I got great results with it, on the dyno we started with 5 deg advance then 8 then 10 but this is on my bike....... not stock...... different mods will affect your fuel and timing curve.

but I also heard that dynojets actually only advance timing to about 2 degrees actually. so my 10 numbers on the ignition side is only an actual 2 degrees......

if its true or not i do not know but i know once i started giving it more timing the bike loved it!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts