Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
thought about selling the 08 10R for 09 6R

So Ive been thinking of selling my 08 10R, and getting me a 09 6R, you think I should sell it as is with the slip on or put it back to stock?? if I put it back to stock I need a graphite gasket for the boom box if anyone has one that they have no use for let me know ?? but the bike is
2008 10R green, has right around 7200 or so miles, PP2ct tyres, other than that its stock very well taken care of garage kept, what would be a good starting price ??? I called my dealer and hes got a guy whos overseas that might be interested in buying it wont know till tomarrow AM.. but was thinking if they dont do it then id sell it out right and make more money.. any input on this ?? anyone looking for a 08 green 10R ?

·
The Movie Goer!
6,849 Posts
What's making you wanna step down to the 6r? Too much power?

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you been drinking?
LOL nope

Why the downgrade?

I dont know I love my 10R but Im kinda just wanting the 6R ive been looking at them and just love how small they are i sat on one and it felt so small compared to the 10.. LOL but not to sure i think i kinda just want the 600 and then after a year or two put it on the track... ??

·
The Movie Goer!
6,849 Posts
It is small......the '08-09 10r is huge an heavy compared to the 6r.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah I want something thats smaller not to worried about the loss of power LOL love that about the 10, but if I dont sell it then I guess im just gonna put it on the stand and lay up my insurance and be done riding for the season as money is very very tight...

·
The Movie Goer!
6,849 Posts
You can't afford the insurance?

yeah I want something thats smaller not to worried about the loss of power LOL love that about the 10, but if I dont sell it then I guess im just gonna put it on the stand and lay up my insurance and be done riding for the season as money is very very tight...

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You can't afford the insurance?
I can but if I lay it up its only gonna cost me like $6 a month vs right around $50/month that i pay now... im just trying to save some money and not be draining my account so fast... it would all be fine if I had a damn job....

·
Registered
105 Posts
You won't like the 6R better than the 10R. If you want something more streetable, the 636 (650?) twin is your ride.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I had a 08 6R before I got the 08 10R... loved it but it was going to hell already with right around 5500 miles or so on it.. running on 3 cyclinders valve cover leaking.. and other things thats why i got rid of it... bought that at the first of June and got rid of it in September.. and got the 10R...

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I know I love that 09 6R with the new big piston forks, but I did see a 05 636 in the paper here with only 1800 miles on it for I think somethign like $6000 OBO ?? Id give him $3500 for it cash LOL if I sold my 10R

·
The Movie Goer!
6,849 Posts
Oh yea I see what you're sayin. It would be hard for me to shut it down so early with all this nice weather left. If it was starting to get cold then it wouldn't be a problem. But yea man I guess you have to do what you have do to keep some extra cabbage in the pocket.

I can but if I lay it up its only gonna cost me like $6 a month vs right around $50/month that i pay now... im just trying to save some money and not be draining my account so fast... it would all be fine if I had a damn job....

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oh yea I see what you're sayin. It would be hard for me to shut it down so early with all this nice weather left. If it was starting to get cold then it wouldn't be a problem. But yea man I guess you have to do what you have do to keep some extra cabbage in the pocket.
Yup I hate to do it esp like you said with the nice weather and for here next week itd gonna be in the mid 70's with lows in 50's the best weather for riding is just around he corner for us here in ohio, all im gonna do is wait to hear back on the guy from over seas tomorrow and see what kind of price they have for me, if its not what I want or should be getting then I guess all i will do is park it and sit on it untill I figure out what I want to do with it... LOL but I do want that 09 ZX-6R still LOL

·
The Movie Goer!
6,849 Posts
If I were you I would try to sell it myself. Put it for $7500 obo.....:idea:

·
Registered
222 Posts
o god r6 your going from the 10r to the r6 that's a big big step back ... i drove an 07 r6 yesterday cuz i had to order a clutch for my bike man that maid me love my bike more ... i don't ever see myself doing that again ... put it like this i rather stay home then get on that bike and ride ... i think you should keep your 10r ....

·
Gun Owning Republican
5,278 Posts
Going from a 636 and 600RR to a 10R was pure heaven...On the street from start to go there is a hit...I would take my 636 in twisties but not by much.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
o god r6 your going from the 10r to the r6 that's a big big step back ... i drove an 07 r6 yesterday cuz i had to order a clutch for my bike man that maid me love my bike more ... i don't ever see myself doing that again ... put it like this i rather stay home then get on that bike and ride ... i think you should keep your 10r ....
Well first off yes im thinking of going back to a 600 just for the fact that I want another 600, its lighter smaller and will be all around better bike for the track IMHO and second no its not a R6 I would never want a R6 atleast that i think of LOL unless it was purely for the track then maybe id take one. Those damn things are tiny... the one I want is the ZX-6R 2009 its just the 10Rs little brother LOL... im not to concerned about the power loss and all that stuff I dont race around on the streets i just want a bike that I can ride on the streets for now then take it to the track and be a track bike only.... im just getting bored with riding on the streets it gets so borring around here if I rode like i use to im sure id have double the miles that I have on my bike now...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts