Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
By the way congrats on the ride cmbnyc.

Looks like Kawaka improved the Gen 5 in all areas compared to Gen 4 so you got a good one.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Thanks 10Arghh! FYI, I'm getting a Gen 4 (2014 dealer leftover bike) not a Gen 5. Hope the Gen 4 is not too shabby considering all the improvements made in the Gen 5 model. LOL

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Congo Rats man. Unless you are riding on the track more than the street, the gen 4 is just fine! Enjoy it!
Thanks obijack. Track? What's that? LOL But seriously, I've never done a track day so I guess I won't have to worry about that for the time being.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Buy it. I was a zrx 1200 owner for years ,great bike. Apples and oranges. I have a gen 1 for track only and a gen 3 (08) for street. Love them all. Im, 6 foot tall and find the gen 3 super comfortable.
I also commuted into Manhattan for yrs on many bikes (from LI) so i know your pain .

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Buy it. I was a zrx 1200 owner for years ,great bike. Apples and oranges. I have a gen 1 for track only and a gen 3 (08) for street. Love them all. Im, 6 foot tall and find the gen 3 super comfortable.
I also commuted into Manhattan for yrs on many bikes (from LI) so i know your pain .
Hi Lau. I'm in Yonkers (work) and Queens (residence). I commute everyday from Queens to Yonkers over the Throgs Neck Bridge. I have a 2001 ZRX1200R which is my primary comfort/torque-monster bike and now a 2016 ZX6R I got with the insurance money after an unfortunate incident resulted in my brand new 2014 ZX10R being totaled. You can read up on the post-purchase crash via link below. Someday I may get another ZX10R, but I'm going to try living with the ZX6R for now. Fun bike, lot's of character, but I need to tweak some things to make it a little more comfortable for my riding style (seat, suspension, risers, ECU flash, etc.).

http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/f23/brand-new-bike-crashed-340346.html

21 - 28 of 28 Posts