Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy started a track day org and just helping get the word out. He currently was able to grab a bunch of NESBA control riders along with some other great riders from the area. He has two Putnam events and one Blackhawk event for the rest of the season. Early reg is $285 for the weekend and $165 a day (both early registration). Here are his websites.

http://midwesttrackday.com/

http://www.midwesttrackday.motorsportreg.com/

·
Chairman of the Board
16,051 Posts
:bump: for ya and best of luck to your buddy. Good prices thats for sure. Wish thats what I paid, $165 for early booking, $205 here.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Hey that Putnam is right down the road from me. Is the surface good? Wanna get into it but havent heard very good things about Putnam.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey that Putnam is right down the road from me. Is the surface good? Wanna get into it but havent heard very good things about Putnam.
If you ask around in the midwest Putnam is usually at the top of most people's list. It's a fast flowing track with minimal elevation changes. Easy to learn and for the most part is pretty smooth. It can wear rear tires a bit quick if things arent set up properly. But even if you kill a tire it is well worth the trip!

What bad things have your heard? The only problem I have ever heard is management is a bit difficult to work with, but as a rider thats a non issue.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
When is the BHF day scheduled?
I'm heading there next weekend and if it goes well, I'd love to join you guys.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Ive just heard bad things about the surface not being the best to ride on and the general upkeep of the track but lately ive been wanting to try regardless of what ive heard - def. wanna go now. Must. Get. Full. Leathers!

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ive just heard bad things about the surface not being the best to ride on and the general upkeep of the track but lately ive been wanting to try regardless of what ive heard - def. wanna go now. Must. Get. Full. Leathers!
Been going there for years and never really had a complaint about track surface (except for having proper setup to keep tires from being killed). And they just built garages that have power and air. I would recommend it as a good track to get your feet wet. Good for liter bikes, easy to learn the track, and it can be VERY fast!

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Cool.
I read the link after my post, I was too excited.
But i'm trying to get 4 or 5 of my buddies to come with me.
Any word if 1 pc suits are rentable?

·
Registered
113 Posts
I will be at Putnam in June. The track is awesome! I was there in April with a temp of 42. Once the tires got hot, the track just begged you to push. I have nothing but praise for the track.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I doubt I'll do any days with you guys (too far west) but best of luck, it's not easy running a track day org.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I just wanted to follow up. I just got back from the Putnam track day. Midwest Track Day did a great job. They didn't waste a lot of time. They did a good job of getting people on and off the track as quickly as possible to give us the most time possible on track. Also, as a novice, I really appreciated the control riders. I had a few issues they helped me work out, but most importantly was my line into turn five. One of them explained why I was doing what I was doing instead of just showing me what to do. It totally changed my day.
I will definitely be doing more days with this group.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah, it was a really good weekend. No one got hurt and Jeff was able to stay on schedule the whole weekend! Aside from the little bit of rain Sunday morning it ended up turning out to be a good weekend to ride!

·
Registered
389 Posts
both tracks seem kinda small... if you had to pick one which would you? ive only ridden the short course at BIR and RA both are pretty fast i guess i dont really have any comparison. im thinking i need more than the 6 days ive prepaid for through my local minneapolis org.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts