Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my Buddy and I left town at 7:00am and returned at 9:30pm after logging 1146 kms (713 miles) the only thing we stopped for was gas........oh yeah and the cop. We were cruising some sweepers and passed a cop I knew we were up around 200 km/h, on went his cherries and immediately turned around to pursue us, well I thought we were going to dash on him but I noticed my buddy pulling over. Being the pal I am I didn't want him to take the heat alone so I stopped to. Well the cop was so shocked that we stopped that he actually let us off with a warning, he clocked us at 223 km/h (138 mph) in 80 km/h zone. Very nice guy talked with him about bikes for about 1/2 hour..........Oh yeah and Im not even sore after such a long ride probably heading out again at first light, how many litre bikes would you be able to do that on?

Attachments

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
Good on you for staying with your friend.
I think that unless you really meet the wrong guy at wrong time they do tend to be happy/surprised that you stop and tend to want to cut you a brake.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
wow, i cant do that on mine..maybe i just have a sensitive a$$.. or maybe yours is just worn:badteeth: :heyyou:

but sounds like fun!

·
Registered
489 Posts
i did 500 miles straight and was in the same position i had gone to bed the following morning. But i'm an old fart.

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
Did 500 + a few miles going to Orlando and back the same day.

Felt pretty good but the rainy, windy weather and stupid, 2-lane turnpike traffic added to my workload.

MAYBE I'd go for 700miles on a nice day. Bike is comfy for a racer.

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
I still remember a chick at the Gap who had ridden straight through from Ontario- by herself to meet friends there. 900miles or more I believe.

Felt like a weenie knowing my friend and I had Trucked the bikes up from Mia.
Oh well, we had stuff to carry and Road Atlanta on the way home.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts