Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any solid information on how to gain mid range power on a 1st Gen?
So far it seems like
Remove secondaries/tune
Race intake cam or degree lower than stock? I'd like a little more information in this.
TRE - I read thru 4 pages and it still seems inconclusive
Mechanical timing advancer- File holes in factory advancer to add timing.
The prev 05's That I had lacked a bit of low and mid range. I went -1 on one of them and it was slightly better but left a lot more to be desired. I don't want to gear it too aggressively.
Thanks for the responses

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Thin head gasket, 16/41 gears and you will have plenty of mid range.

·
Registered
390 Posts
16/ 41
Full system - Akra, Arata, Sato, Tsukigi
Thin Head Gasket
Degreed Cams
Remove 2ndary Flies
Dyno Tune

Now She's Fast:eyecrazy:

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Agree with both Shannon and zx about the gearing, 16/41. I have it and love it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gearing is definitely on the list,Probably going -1,+2.
Are there any hard dyno numbers for Velocity stacks in the mid range?
Same goes for other bolt ons,head gasket,secondaries delete,cams.

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Gearing is definitely on the list,Probably going -1,+2.
Are there any hard dyno numbers for Velocity stacks in the mid range?
Same goes for other bolt ons,head gasket,secondaries delete,cams.
change out the 2 tall stacks in the middle for two short like the outer ones, remove sec flies and retune the bike and should see a nice gain along with the gearing.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Do all of the above and then get you the DynaTek ARC-2 Box and it definately will give you a strong boost of midrange power. Been tested on dyno and results are great !!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Do all of the above and then get you the DynaTek ARC-2 Box and it definately will give you a strong boost of midrange power. Been tested on dyno and results are great !!!
Awhile ago I'd thought about getting the ARC-2 box but never heard or read anything about what kind of gains to expect so I held off. Can you provide some info on the dyno results you've seen?

Thanks,
Damon

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Can't believe a 1/5 throttle insert hasn't been mentioned, it wont acually give it more power but it sure as hell feels like it.

Makes the butt dyno happy

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
I'm not a fan of the short gearing. IMO if in search of midrange, I'd just re-degree the cams to move the power down the range, and tune the FI. Slotting the pickup to advance the timing helped my 04 also. Run lowest octane that the bike will drink w/o gagging (ping). (on my 04 it ran fine on 87 at sea level)

·
Registered
683 Posts
Awhile ago I'd thought about getting the ARC-2 box but never heard or read anything about what kind of gains to expect so I held off. Can you provide some info on the dyno results you've seen?

Thanks,
Damon
Do a search on Bikeland.org for it:

Johnnychesse done several dyno testings on this product:

Karl, username: Entropy also done dyno testing:

**Both have posted results in rpm increments documenting where the most horsepower was gained.....

·
Registered
59 Posts
Do a search on Bikeland.org for it:

Johnnychesse done several dyno testings on this product:

Karl, username: Entropy also done dyno testing:

**Both have posted results in rpm increments documenting where the most horsepower was gained.....
That's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks a lot!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts