Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who is going to Mid-Ohio over the 4th? I

ts an STT event. Ride at the best track in the midwest REPAVED BEEOTCHES!!!!!
Put your tires right where Tommy and Roger drag elbow...

Join us...:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

I heard that intermediate is full already for Monday the 3rd. Do it. Do it. Do it.:helmet:

·
Registered
681 Posts
how much and what do u need done to your bike?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tech inspection for your bike is a breeze. They most likely won't even look at your gear. Just make sure that your bike isn't falling apart and you're good to go. Don't worry, they'll be so impressed with your 10, they'll shit themselves anyways :crackup: :crackup:

Its $195 1 day, or $375 for both... C'mon how many other opportunities are there to ride at a track like this... suck it up!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh yeah...

And I'm no longer a Squid. Now an approved "Street Rider". YEEE HAAAAW!!!:postwhore

I'm so happy not to be associated with Rothlisturder anymore.

·
Registered
681 Posts
do you need full leathers or just like a jacket?

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
'geez' good or 'geez' bad? I find $195 to be fairly reasonable compared to CA prices

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
yes it seems steep, but all track days are steep. You pay more for track days than official.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
lavudyar said:
'geez' good or 'geez' bad? I find $195 to be fairly reasonable compared to CA prices
^^^^?
Exactly, this is Cow town,OH. :crackup:

Though that seems ok for a newly repaved track. I've only done a few dealer rides and those changes in the track surface were :eyecrazy: :helmet:

I watched Duhamel (sp?) lose the front end one of 'em. I think he was leading at the time.:dontknow: (few years back)

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Yeah might be cow town but still one of the best course to choose from here in the midwest. Any track the AMA races are held at are going to cost more.
Having said that I'm still on the fence if Im going to make it. If I do it will be on the 3rd

Heres a pic i took of Jake Z losing the front end in the key hole.

Sonic 10R said:
^^^^?
Exactly, this is Cow town,OH. :crackup:

Though that seems ok for a newly repaved track. I've only done a few dealer rides and those changes in the track surface were :eyecrazy: :helmet:

I watched Duhamel (sp?) lose the front end one of 'em. I think he was leading at the time.:dontknow: (few years back)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Good shot! :thumbsup: I would love to do a track day. I just don't wana spend th money on it. I don't have acceptable glove or pants :sad:
I just ordered a new chain and gilles chain adjusters. (520 convertion) I hope I can do one next spring.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Sonic 10R said:
Good shot! :thumbsup: I would love to do a track day. I just don't wana spend th money on it. I don't have acceptable glove or pants :sad:
I just ordered a new chain and gilles chain adjusters. (520 convertion) I hope I can do one next spring.
Your $$ would be better spent on proper safety gear man.:headshake

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Thanks
Honestly...any money spent on mods is pretty much a waste for 80% of the riders on this board. If you really wanna know what the 10R can do, and improve you riding abilites....Do a track day.I learned more in one track day about riding a bike quickly and safely than i did in 10 years of street riding.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
zx-7rking said:
Thanks
Honestly...any money spent on mods is pretty much a waste for 80% of the riders on this board. If you really wanna know what the 10R can do, and improve you riding abilites....Do a track day.I learned more in one track day about riding a bike quickly and safely than i did in 10 years of street riding.
:+1:
Too many people use that excuse for not getting on the track. Like lavudyar said, put off buying stuff like fancy chain adjusters, colored windscreens, and HID kits and use that money to get on the track. As far as that's concerned, you don't need an exhaust, PC, block-off plates, etc. either.

Trackdays can get expensive if you do a lot of them, but if you've got any one of the newer "race-replica" bikes from the big four, Ducati, Aprilia, etc. you don't need anything for the bike besides some tape for the lights and gas.

As you go to the track more and get faster, you will need to upgrade brake lines and get some aftermarket tires. Then you'll want a trailer, ez-up, generator, air tank, tire warmers, bike stands, multiple sets of tires for the weekend, race bodywork, and on and on. But even then this stuff isn't necessary. Last year at Autobahn, I was pitted next to a guy in his 50s who brought his 2000 Gixxer750 to the track in the back of a minivan. All he had besides the bike was a tool box, two fuel jugs, a foot operated air pump, and a lawn chair. My wife and I thought maybe he had just started doing trackdays or something until he came back from tech with an Advanced class sticker and then proceeded to run at or near the front every session. I felt kinda silly with all my stuff that I "had to have to go to the track".

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Look for the green 10R with a green 96 GMC and green EZ Up - and green isn't even my favorite color!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts