Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
michelin kinda just punked out, they need to apply how can they keep making better tires if there aren't racing anywhere

·
Registered
794 Posts
michelin kinda just punked out, they need to apply how can they keep making better tires if there aren't racing anywhere

Dunlop is not in MotoGP and they have IMO the best DOT race tire available here in the US. You dont need MotoGp to develop a great tire, just great racers. Pirelli is not in MotoGp either and they have awesome tires as well.:thumbsup:

·
Gun Owning Republican
5,278 Posts
Michelin hands out tires left and right...That is why most places stock them. More margin...Ever wonder why no one stocks Pirellies even though they are very good tires.

Michelin will never go on my bike unless someone hands them to me. Bridgestones 16s are my next tire and then I will be content with my tests. I have had after market Qualies and they were not bad...

·
Gun Owning Republican
5,278 Posts
Well put...
Been with both manufacturers (still with one of them).

Unfortunately with regards to only one spec tire I believe it hurts the development on technology as there is nothing to compete against nor compare itself to.
+1.:thumbsup:

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,781 Posts
While Michelins may be over-rated, their competition with Bridgestone helped bring Bridgestone to the fore-front of MotoGP over the last couple of years. Michelins were dominant in the series (whether due to the "special" overnight tires provided, or just everyone else slacking) and I think that made Bridgestone step it up.

I hate this rule and it will only slow down the development of better technology. Competition breeds innovention.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Dunlop is not in MotoGP and they have IMO the best DOT race tire available here in the US. You dont need MotoGp to develop a great tire, just great racers. Pirelli is not in MotoGp either and they have awesome tires as well.:thumbsup:
yeah but dunlop is running AMA big time and Pirelli is running world super bike and a few other racing series, but michelin isnt being run anywhere in mass numbers anymore

·
Gun Owning Republican
5,278 Posts
yeah but dunlop is running AMA big time and Pirelli is running world super bike and a few other racing series, but michelin isnt being run anywhere in mass numbers anymore

:thumbsup: +1. Who wants to ride a tire based on GP tires but are not actually GP tires. The Pirellies you ride is what they ride in WSBK. Michelin = Overrated.

I remember when Corsa IIIs were out a few months and a buddy bought a set of PPs...I almost shit and said wow what BS hype. Back then keep in mind 2.5 years ago, PPs were same price as Corsa IIIs.

I do agree with you guys that though there is no choice of tire it eliminates some of the extras that some riders have over others...When at the end of the day, the better rider with the better bike wins...I do not mind the rule at all.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Michelin hands out tires left and right...That is why most places stock them. More margin...Ever wonder why no one stocks Pirellies even though they are very good tires.

Michelin will never go on my bike unless someone hands them to me. Bridgestones 16s are my next tire and then I will be content with my tests. I have had after market Qualies and they were not bad...

I own a bike accessories shop in AZ . I was wondering where you get your data to back up your theroy on Michelin tire MARGIN's or Michelins willingness to give away tires.?? On any given day I can buy Pirelli DOT and Dunlop DOTs for much less than the Michelin tires and make a better MARGIN ..
Give up the data.

·
Registered
794 Posts
:thumbsup: +1. Who wants to ride a tire based on GP tires but are not actually GP tires. The Pirellies you ride is what they ride in WSBK. Michelin = Overrated.

I remember when Corsa IIIs were out a few months and a buddy bought a set of PPs...I almost shit and said wow what BS hype. Back then keep in mind 2.5 years ago, PPs were same price as Corsa IIIs.
QUOTE]

Soo your going to go out and buy a set of Pirelli's thinking your getting a World Superbike spec tire??? :lol:
Your foolish to think ANY of the DOTs us regular riders buy are anything close to the tires given to the WSBK or GP guys. The twin compound aka (2CT) tires that Michelin has today and that were copied by the other tire brands of recent years are a direct result of MotoGP development.
Now go out and buy yourself a set of the fancy Pirelli WSBK tires and enjoy the ride. :eek:ccasion1

·
Gun Owning Republican
5,278 Posts
I own a bike accessories shop in AZ . I was wondering where you get your data to back up your theroy on Michelin tire MARGIN's or Michelins willingness to give away tires.?? On any given day I can buy Pirelli DOT and Dunlop DOTs for much less than the Michelin tires and make a better MARGIN ..
Give up the data.
A shop told me...Yes. Margin on Michelin. No can discount Pirelli that much. Shop around.

PM me your prices on Corsa IIIs, Rossos, and BT16s and if it is cheaper than I can get I WILL BUY from you. Free shipping though.:thumbsup: No lie bro...I will buy from you.

·
Registered
794 Posts
A shop told me...Yes. Margin on Michelin. No can discount Pirelli that much. Shop around.

PM me your prices on Corsa IIIs, Rossos, and BT16s and if it is cheaper than I can get I WILL BUY from you. Free shipping though.:thumbsup: No lie bro...I will buy from you.

120-70 and 190-55 ?

·
Gun Owning Republican
5,278 Posts
120-70 and 190-55 ?
190/ 50 and 190/55...

For my 10R I have ridden 190/ 50s but am tempted to try 190/ 55s for the fun of it.

BT16s
Corsa IIIs
Rossos

I am on Rossos now but want more a tad more grip (Rossos grip very well BTW) as the wet weather and cold come.

You beat the price on the what I paid for Corsa IIIs and Rossos, you will have earned my business.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
i'm also good with the spec tire if it will stop the racers from complaining about their tires...put them all on the same equipment and let the best racer win...some of the best racing i've seen this year came in the red bull rookie series....those kids will learn what it's like to race, bang fairings, block passing, etc that will allow them to have greater success if they go on to race in europe..

1 - 20 of 22 Posts