Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone get a chance to run the new Michelin Power Pure tires yet? I will be buying new tires soon and am debating between the Dunlop Q2 and Power Pure. I have been running the Michelin 2cts for the past season. I am not realy a Dunlop fan, but I have heard some good things about them. Let me know what you guys think.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
So far I'm impresssed with them very stable in the corners. as far as wear I only have a couple hundred miles on them so time will tell. I've never been a dunlop fan either seems they take a little while to heat up but its been a few years since I ran them so maybe they are better now.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have run the power pure for 4 track days this year and have been very impressed. They seem to heat up very quickly and I have only spun them up once in Nashville when I was a little hard on the gas out of turn. I ran power race last season and I have not missed the grip yet. Power Pures get my vote at least until they relaese something new.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have run the power pure for 4 track days this year and have been very impressed. They seem to heat up very quickly and I have only spun them up once in Nashville when I was a little hard on the gas out of turn. I ran power race last season and I have not missed the grip yet. Power Pures get my vote at least until they relaese something new.

What tires pressure did you ran with at the track on the power pure? front and rear?

·
Registered
306 Posts
I can only compare them to dc3 on my friends buell 1125r. the pirellis are hard and no where as confidence inspiring.

He had dc3's on his bike and I couldnt stand the lack of feel it had for all the published hype about how great the buell chassis was. When he finally switched to the michelins at my insistence I now feel the confidence to ride the buell and feel the chassis.

I have another friend who put my 2ct's on his r6 when I bought my pures. This is the most glaring example of improvement that I can cite. the 06 R6 completely became a new and impressive bike.

My point is if you are ridin on dc3's you dont know how great your bike can feel with really GOOD tires.

having had both 2CT's and Pures on MY 09 and only being at 3000 miles I can say that I like the Pures the best ( I like to try things out) . I WOULD NOT EVEN CONSIDER THINKING OF PUTTING THE Pirelli's on my bike ever!

I would be happy with the 2CT' or Pures and I ran 32 psi in the front 34 psi in the rear.:eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
I can only compare them to dc3 on my friends buell 1125r. the pirellis are hard and no where as confidence inspiring.

He had dc3's on his bike and I couldnt stand the lack of feel it had for all the published hype about how great the buell chassis was. When he finally switched to the michelins at my insistence I now feel the confidence to ride the buell and feel the chassis.

I have another friend who put my 2ct's on his r6 when I bought my pures. This is the most glaring example of improvement that I can cite. the 06 R6 completely became a new and impressive bike.

My point is if you are ridin on dc3's you dont know how great your bike can feel with really GOOD tires.

having had both 2CT's and Pures on MY 09 and only being at 3000 miles I can say that I like the Pures the best ( I like to try things out) . I WOULD NOT EVEN CONSIDER THINKING OF PUTTING THE Pirelli's on my bike ever!

I would be happy with the 2CT' or Pures and I ran 32 psi in the front 34 psi in the rear.:eek:ccasion1
How many miles did you pull out of a rear tire on the 2cts?? I run dc3s and love them but Ive ran 3 sets and am considering a change since the rears are showing a LOT of chord at 3000 miles, which is about right but Ive heard the michelins last a bit longer

·
Registered
306 Posts
How many miles did you pull out of a rear tire on the 2cts?? I run dc3s and love them but Ive ran 3 sets and am considering a change since the rears are showing a LOT of chord at 3000 miles, which is about right but Ive heard the michelins last a bit longer
I took them off at 1500 and the centers looked pretty new.

I like to try things out so I swapped really early and gave my 2CT's to a kid who needed tires and he had DC3 he is a V E R Y happy camper:badteeth:

·
Registered
306 Posts
I sold my 9r with 2CT's on it to a kid who put Q2's on.
The felt ok but he loves them. I would personally stick with the michelins

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
Anyone get a chance to run the new Michelin Power Pure tires yet? I will be buying new tires soon and am debating between the Dunlop Q2 and Power Pure. I have been running the Michelin 2cts for the past season. I am not realy a Dunlop fan, but I have heard some good things about them. Let me know what you guys think.

the biggest difference is Dunlop tire are real rubber and real rubber takes time to heat up but once Hot there the shit!

2cts are synthetic rubber you have better grip when cold but do not work as well hot as real rubber
they both have major +'s and minor -'s I have run Dunlop's on the track for a long times, IMO it's the best track tire there is! and my last set of street tires where 2cts! they are great on the street!
I have a set of new AMA spec tires that I'm going to toss on my street bike just to check them out there supposed to be the 1st dunlop race tire that work well as a street tire due to multiple compounds

1 - 10 of 10 Posts