Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at trying these tires for track specifically. Wanted to get some opinion from people who have ridden on them. They will be on track only and no tire warmers (not ready to make that move). I ride in the upper level of intermediate group on Grattan, Gingerman, and Autobahn. Just not quite ready for slicks but these tires are advertised to warm up quick and stick really well. Thoughts?

·
Registered
777 Posts
:+2:

Pirelli Superbike Pro. No warmers, last me about three weekends. Rear will get a little loose if you're pushing hard on a literbike, but a very gook track day slick.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Tires are a very subjective topic. What works for me may not work for the next guy, the only way to know which tire is going to work for your application is to try out a few different options. If you find one that works better than the rest, stick with it but don't be afraid to try new things.

I've used Q3s and Pirelli Rosso Corsas on the track at the intermediate level, both worked pretty well. I've tried the Pirelli "trackday" slicks and was not impressed. The rear wouldn't grip on or off the throttle, and that was on my rather underpowered 600. I'd be afraid to try it on a healthy 1000. The Pirelli SPs worked pretty well, but they're expensive.

For performance versus cost, it's hard to overlook the Q3s. As an admitted Pirelli fan boy, that's not easy to acknowledge. For DOT race tires (which really do need warmers) I'm not a fan of Dunlops, but the Q3s really aren't bad at the track.

I run tire warmers now, on my ZX10 and my 600. I'm using Pirelli Supercorsa SCs and Metzeler Racetec RRs (basically the same tire) and life is good.

·
Registered
42 Posts
That's true

Cyclotron said:
I run tire warmers now, on my ZX10 and my 600. I'm using Pirelli Supercorsa SCs and Metzeler Racetec RRs (basically the same tire) and life is good.
:goodpost:

Metzeler SPORTEC M5 INTERACT / M7 RR for street ~ track day

Metzeler Racetec RR for track

·
Registered
83 Posts
I just ordered a set of Power Cup Evo's and a set of Woodcraft warmers (from Mike, of course!).

I ran my old set of PP3's this past weekend in the intermediate group. The rear was stepping out a little mid to exit, but not too bad.

Looking forward to riding on this new set and continuing to work on my body position. Still tending to ride my crotch up against the tank most times I think...

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
182 Posts
Q3 in my opinion are the best tires to run without warmers for novice or intermediate track day riders, any faster go with race tires and warmers....I will still use Q3 on track in the expert group track day only not race when its wet track..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts