Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there Anybody here that also does a lot of touring on their 10 and ever used the pilot road 2's.
How are they in the curves. I have a buddy who has over 6000 miles on his and still going.
Any input.
I am thinking of trying them. I'm in Germany and do a lot of mountain and twisty riding.
I have a different bike for the track.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Damn good tire for sure. If you're riding in all types of weather and are looking for a tire that's good in the dry these are definately the ticket. Also they seem to last a while as well, I've seen a couple people get 10K+ out of them.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
yeah Id like to try those also but instead of using the road 2 front id run my PP2CT but the only draw back with those is they dont come in a 190/55 they only come in the 190/50... they are suppose to be damn good in all weather conditions .... and last a long time...

·
Registered
586 Posts
Thats my next rear, very soon in fact. Ive heard mostly good things about them. 230 installed at my local dealer if I bring the rear wheel to them. I dont have a tire stand or spoons so Im going the dealer route. The tire is about 10 bucks cheaper at my dealer than I can find anywhere else, including a 10% discount for being a regular customer.

I bought new 2CT's this past winter and the rear is about toast, the front is obviously still good. Roughly 5500 miles on them thus far.

Everyone raves about them on gixxerforums, except the truly hard core track guys. I can live with that.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I think the Pilot Roads will be my next purchase also. Just looking for a little more mileage wise. I love the Bridgestones that came stock, but would like to get at least 5,000 out of a set of tires. Saw a set of these Pilot Roads on a guys Busa the other day and they really looked good mounted.

·
Registered
586 Posts
I think the Pilot Roads will be my next purchase also. Just looking for a little more mileage wise. I love the Bridgestones that came stock, but would like to get at least 5,000 out of a set of tires. Saw a set of these Pilot Roads on a guys Busa the other day and they really looked good mounted.
The pilot road 2 is a dual compound, stickier sides for the corners.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Whats average price for these tires?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have been running them for 5 months or about 11,000 miles. I have a 55 mile commute each way and they are great for commuting and the occasional canyon ride. I would expect another 3-4k out of them and I will definitely get them again.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Continental Road Attacks

I just replaced the stock Dunlop Sportmax Qualifier on my 06.(4800 miles)
I know low miles,little riding time.
I just went with a Continental Road Attack 190/50/17
Searched the web read alot of reviews,BMW puts these on stock K1100 or K1200 one or the other straight from the factory.
I rode in a total down pour yesterday,and the tire felt very stable a on wet surface.I've put nearly 300 miles on this tire,not quite scuffed in,but after I am done riding I feel tire temp,and it's definetly alot softer than the Dunlops ever got,thats in low 80degree temps also.
I am looking at replacing the front tire also with the Road Attack as soon a the tire needs replaced.
High mileage,great traction,bike store said it's his best selling sports touring tire they sell,alot of Duc-Motards riding on them around here also.

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
I was running a Pilot Power front with a Road2 rear. Did 2 track days on the set and 2 trips to AR. I was able to get about 3500 miles out of them which made them closer to a 1:1 change ratio instead of the 1:2 I usually do with Pilot Powers front and rear. I was never unhappy with the grip, but prefer the feel of the Power rear better. I didn't feel that I was able to get enough extra milage out of the Road2 to justify the price difference.

What very important to remember is that tire wear and grip are hugely dependat on the rider. I usually get 1500-2k out of a rear PP, where a riding buddy on an 04 10R get almost double the milage despite being faster than me. ...he's smoother, carries more corner speed, and doesn't use as much throttle. ...but still walks away from me. ...as they say, milage will vary...

As for the Conti...everyone I know that's tried them liked them ok for pure touring and some sporty back roading, but if you're one to mix in some track days get ready to get some leasons in traction management...2nd hand accounts from others...no personal experience.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Thanks for the heads up there,Miykl.
I've heard becareful on the track on the Conti's also.
My track days are few and far between,maybe a couple a year.
The twisties here in Indiana are more like rollies,very little twisting available.
I have a couple wera buds who use the Conti track attacks as their wet endurance tire.
Once again thanks for the heads up!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts