Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so its time for new tires! I currently have Bridgestone tires on my 10r but I had Michelin Pilot Powers on my 636 and I absolutely loved them. My question is if anyone has experience with the 2CT tires or the PP3 and could tell me is there are any major differences other than the price. As far as I've seen the PP3 shows where the compound changes but other than that are there any other improvements on the tires from the original PP?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Pilot Road 3. You won't out ride them and they last much longer than 2cts or PP3s.

PP3 has a stiffer sidewall and more surface area of second (softer) compound. 2ct has a thinner strip of the softer compound.

Michelin Tire Chart

·
Registered
59 Posts
Okay so its time for new tires! I currently have Bridgestone tires on my 10r but I had Michelin Pilot Powers on my 636 and I absolutely loved them. My question is if anyone has experience with the 2CT tires or the PP3 and could tell me is there are any major differences other than the price. As far as I've seen the PP3 shows where the compound changes but other than that are there any other improvements on the tires from the original PP?
I've run both the 2ct and power3's. power 3's are better for spirited rides and handle almost as we'll in the rain. They lasted longer too. Power2ct's were good on the street and have a smooth profile but I actually used the entire tire in only street riding probably because they turn in slower so I'd be a lower line than a quicker turn in with the more aggressive pp3 profile.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I had the same problem. Try replacing the valve stem core. Worked for me..!
I have replaced my valve stems since then but not before switching to the power pures. The problem was resolved. I know another rider with the same issue on those tires.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
If price is any factor for you, motosport.com is selling pairs of Dunlop Q2's for ridiculous price

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
I used the PP 2ct's on my gen4 and loved them. Have never used the PP3's yet, but I have read positive reviews. The PP3 has more soft compound compared to the 2ct. I'm using Pilot Road 2's on my gen2 now as I wanted more longevity out of my tires and do very little twisty riding in the cold. Once summer pops around, I'll probably switch the PP3's and try them out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts