Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure this has probably been covered or addressed but forgive me i haven't been on the site in a very long time. Looking for feed back on Pilot Power RS tires. Aggressive street riding wet and dry. I'm having difficulty getting any kind of a useful response from anyone on this. Used to PP2 and love them. I don't ride as many miles anymore so i thought that i would go with something a little stickier since i'm not as worried about mileage at this point. Thoughts/complaints? Thanks.

·
Registered
184 Posts
They are good tires. I have ridden them on the street and on the track at speed ( A group jam session). You can cook them if you push them long and hard but the tires are very good. I would say the Q3+ Dunlop is better but I would not hesitate to run the Michelin. If you are a big guy and get hard on the gas a lot, the rear tire can get a strange wear area toward the outside edge of the tire. Kind of a dip almost like it has two compounds, between the middle and the tires edge. I think it is due to tire flex but not sure.

·
The Pace
6,947 Posts
https://motorcycle.michelinman.com/motorbike/tyres/power-rs

nope, done many powers and loved them UNTIL French went to fabric instead of steel. Fabric is geared toward track tech pros with a huge budget. Street people (sport) run down the tire BUT once that fabric is reached: it beats the hugger up.

I never look at Mich, ever, until they return to steel belt. Also, note that pros tend to HATE Mich. About psi or whatever.
Do your own search.

Mich has problems; always a history of problems ranging from too hard to stupid fabric to whatever psi mental games; I suspect they attract engineers that don't ride or simply hire riders that ride a track loop a few times.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts