Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure this has probably been covered or addressed but forgive me i haven't been on the site in a very long time. Looking for feed back on Pilot Power RS tires. Aggressive street riding wet and dry. I'm having difficulty getting any kind of a useful response from anyone on this. Used to PP2 and love them. I don't ride as many miles anymore so i thought that i would go with something a little stickier since i'm not as worried about mileage at this point. Thoughts/complaints? Thanks.

·
Registered
207 Posts
They are good tires. I have ridden them on the street and on the track at speed ( A group jam session). You can cook them if you push them long and hard but the tires are very good. I would say the Q3+ Dunlop is better but I would not hesitate to run the Michelin. If you are a big guy and get hard on the gas a lot, the rear tire can get a strange wear area toward the outside edge of the tire. Kind of a dip almost like it has two compounds, between the middle and the tires edge. I think it is due to tire flex but not sure.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I run them and install alot of them, great tires, perfect for all weather and drag

·
The Pace
7,164 Posts
https://motorcycle.michelinman.com/motorbike/tyres/power-rs

nope, done many powers and loved them UNTIL French went to fabric instead of steel. Fabric is geared toward track tech pros with a huge budget. Street people (sport) run down the tire BUT once that fabric is reached: it beats the hugger up.

I never look at Mich, ever, until they return to steel belt. Also, note that pros tend to HATE Mich. About psi or whatever.
Do your own search.

Mich has problems; always a history of problems ranging from too hard to stupid fabric to whatever psi mental games; I suspect they attract engineers that don't ride or simply hire riders that ride a track loop a few times.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, i live in Brazil and here have no other sport tires, only Pirelli and Michelin.

O was using SuperCorsa SP, exelent grippy tire, but comes with no Rubber, almost finished, balded. This tires last 3 moths, with canyon ridins and 1 trackday. So i decide to Power RS: this was not a bad tire, but If tou like to knee down, he dont have grip on the lowside. 45 degree os enought to rear start sliding! Power RS have the Double of Rubber then Pirelli SuperCorsa SP, as they last 8 moths (Pirelli only 3 months), but SuperCorsa have murch more grip on the corners then Power RS. I use 2 yers Ago Metzeler m7, and o like too, better then Power RS stranges slidigs on the corners. I try every calibrates PSI, and nofing resolve. Usualy i use 32F/26R PSI. If you are a great Rider, but dont put knee down, Power RS its a decent tire, they have great grip standing, but noffing on lowside. If you put knee grip on the ground, Power RS is bad!

·
Registered
ZX10RR
395 Posts
Ive used them for 2 years. Low durability and good grip BUT beware of the grip when they are COLD in cold days.
They totally seem like track tires, where you'd use tire warmers. But of course, you wont use that on the street. So again, heed my warning, dont turn too hard till they heat up !!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts