Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hill and El D' have got me convinced I need new tires. :dollarbil

I have 4k on the O.E. Dunlops and have been rather ok with their performance.

Question
What kind of mileage are we seeing with the PP's?

TIA
Phil

·
Banned
1,196 Posts
I, too, had no real problem with the stock Dunlops. I was able to use them all the way to the edge without scaring myself. I got about 4,000 out of my stock rear and went to the PPs. I now have about 3,000 on the PPs and the rear looks like it will go at least another 3,000 so the PPs wear a little better than the stock Dunlops. The PPs feel better to me than the stock Dunlops.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Yea I agree the PP seems to hold up pretty well. I too got about 4k out of the stockers and I've got about 1600 on the PP now and they still look real good. (not flat spotted)

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
DAMN!! PP hold up mileage wise that well?? My metzler M1's last about 2-3k on the rear, and about 8k so far on the front.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
circusnuts said:
Hill and El D' have got me convinced I need new tires. :dollarbil

I have 4k on the O.E. Dunlops and have been rather ok with their performance.

Question
What kind of mileage are we seeing with the PP's?

TIA
Phil
Those two may be on to somethin mixednuts :wink:

I've edited your thread title just for political correctness. :mrgreen:

BD

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
Older Guy said:
8,500 miles rear, 12,000 front...
wow Steve...I think you need new tires too!

I couldn't imagine puttin that type of mileage on a set of tires!

·
talker of shite
7,285 Posts
I got 3100 miles exactly on stock tires, at that point the rear was totally shot. I now have pp's so I will see how far they go,I'll be happy if I get 2000 miles out of them! Just a question to the guys who are getting high mileages from their tires: How the hell do ya do that?:dontknow:

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
i think they start in 2nd gear, never get about 6k rpm, and keep it below 80, never hamfisting it? :dontknow:

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
danno22 said:
I got 3100 miles exactly on stock tires, at that point the rear was totally shot. I now have pp's so I will see how far they go,I'll be happy if I get 2000 miles out of them! Just a question to the guys who are getting high mileages from their tires: How the hell do ya do that?:dontknow:
put it on a work stand in the garage :mrgreen:

BD

·
Banned
1,196 Posts
I very seldom nail it from a standing start. I don't use the rear brake much. I probably top 150 every time I ride it . . . but hey, I live in Texas where there are wide open spaces. I can understand why tires don't last long for you city boys who spend most of yer time in 1st and 2nd. BWHAHAHA!!!

That and by bike ain't a toy. It is a vehicle that I actually use to go places. Tires last longer on the road.

·
Registered
5,996 Posts
danno22 said:
I fill them full of helium and never exceed the maximum speed limit...

LOL

·
talker of shite
7,285 Posts
swjohnsey said:
I very seldom nail it from a standing start. I don't use the rear brake much. I probably top 150 every time I ride it . . . but hey, I live in Texas where there are wide open spaces. I can understand why tires don't last long for you city boys who spend most of yer time in 1st and 2nd. BWHAHAHA!!!

That and by bike ain't a toy. It is a vehicle that I actually use to go places. Tires last longer on the road.
Me no city boy!I go places on my bike too,I think that's why my tire wore out :badteeth:

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
OK, I got a quote from the local dealer.

Front and rear Power Pilots mounted (loose wheels) $381.00 + tax

From my research, the shops closest to me will not mount someone elses tires (business is too good around here - they can offord to be choosy).

1 - 20 of 24 Posts