Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My regular pilot powers are about done and I've been reading about the pilot power 3 and thinking about picking up a set... I know everyone has a lot to say about the q2's but has anyone had any experience with the pilot power 3?

·
Squid wannabe
6,073 Posts
They are brand new tires.

But if they are everything that Michelin is saying they are, they should be fantastic.

If you do get them, give us some feedback.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I just installed the rear and have the front to install soon. Damn nice tire, very little balance weight and grips beautifully.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I just installed the rear and have the front to install soon. Damn nice tire, very little balance weight and grips beautifully.
What tires did you run before? If they were Q2's and you still have the old rear tire hangin around mind comparing the height, the Pures ran too short. I'll be ordering a new set and rear tire height is the determining factor.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
What tires did you run before? If they were Q2's and you still have the old rear tire hangin around mind comparing the height, the Pures ran too short. I'll be ordering a new set and rear tire height is the determining factor.
Nope,,, original OEM tires are gone.

·
Squid wannabe
6,073 Posts
You would have to compare a new one to a new one anyway, specially at the middle they loose a lot of rubber.

But from this chart, the Q2 is on of the shortest?
I have a magazine with a comparison and i thought the Q2 was one of the widest, will have to look for it.

EDIT: this is for a 190/50, the sizes for the 55 might change a lot more in the Q2 than the others.

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
I need a new rear tire before spring and I always have run pilot power 2ct's and loved them and all the reviews I have been reading continue to claim the power 3's are all around better then the 2ct's.

So I am pretty sure I will be picking up the new pilot power 3's and see what all the hype is about.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I will be sticking with the Q2's looking at the Pilot 3 prices being shown. 120/70/17 & 190/55/17 $250 a set tyd cant be beat for a set of Q2's.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I will be sticking with the Q2's looking at the Pilot 3 prices being shown. 120/70/17 & 190/55/17 $250 a set tyd cant be beat for a set of Q2's.
Just wondering since you are riding with Q2s ,have you ever found the front end to slide on them ?? just wondering :):hello::helmet:

·
Registered
101 Posts
ive used many many sets of pilot powers and 2ct's. loved them. my new bike came with a brand new set of q2's and so far they run great. havent had a problem, its a solid choice. and my tires dont have chicken strips on them when im done with them :) ive noticed the q2's take a min to warm up, no big deal

·
Registered
101 Posts
im installing a set of pilot power 3's right now on my buddys bike. itll be interesting to see how they do next week

·
Registered
290 Posts
Went to the dealer expo 2 weeks ago in Indy and got to check out the new Michelins. Not sure if this is a big deal to anyone, but the rep stated that the new pilot powers are suppose to have a much better life than the power pure tire. Now I am sure this depends on rider style and bike, but to me this is big deal. I think this year I am going to boot the 2ct's and run the pilot power 3. I run the pure up front and 2ct in the front:eek:ccasion1

·
The Pace
7,013 Posts
I kinda want to know, too. I was also looking at the new Mich supersport tire and want to ask if I'd get better mileage outta them compared to 2ct.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I kinda want to know, too. I was also looking at the new Mich supersport tire and want to ask if I'd get better mileage outta them compared to 2ct.
I probably got a little over 1000 miles on my 2ct rear, there is probably another 200 left then they are done. I don't want to spread any false info but the michelin rep said you could get 2000 miles out of the pilot power 3. This sounds to good to be true, but I am willing to find out.

Attachments

·
Registered
296 Posts
I will also be doing tires and looking at the pp3's as well!coming off of stock tires on my bike so compared to those it should be a huge differance had a couple sets of the original pilot powers on my other bikes and always liked them!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts