Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone just bought a set of the metzler m3s and i was wondering what you guys think of them? I only have about 20 miles on them so any feed back on these tires would be great.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
I love em. They last a long time and wear really well. But they still hang well in the curves. I've done some track days on them also and they were good.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I tried a set, didnt like them. Ended up changing them before they were even worn out. For me they took to long to heat up for normal street riding you had to push em hard before they came good. There is one corner i do every day when going to work, this corner the Pilot powers would hook up, while the M3s would be a bit skittly and would often break traction. The other problem is what Secret Agent was saying, once your pushen em hard in the twisties they get real hot and then they suck. On a plus side though they still had a fair bit of tread on them compared to PPs at same distance, so im guessing there grip is compromised for longevity. How you ride and what you mostly ride on will determine if these tires are right for you.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
I thought about going with the M3's but went with the Diablo Corsa III's...guess I could say I fully broke them in yesterday and love them just like my old Diablos on my 6R. If I can get them up to the moutains I will really know how good they are. Hoping to get up there soon.

The only thing I don't like about the diablo's are the "taller" profile so the tire doesn't look at "fat" but they handle like a champ and have a great contact patch.

·
Supercharged Mod
4,391 Posts
I just took off a set of Metzeler M3 and went back to Pilot Power. I found the M3's didn't have much grip when cold, and the longevity wasn't much different from the Michelins which I liked better.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts