Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's time to roll on new rubbers! Metzeler used to be my go to company but I don't know much about their offerings these days. Can anyone give some feedback on the Sportec M5 Interact or, better yet, the new Sportec M7 RR?

Intended use is 95% spirited canyon carving and only in dry weather.

I can't afford to change tires every 1500 miles so a compromise is expected.

Thanks!

·
Registered
93 Posts
I know blokes who use them and recon they are great and last a while .If u can get dunlop sportsmart try them sticky plus last way longer than the q3 best tyres I've ever used stick like u won't believe u just have to run the pressure a bit lower then normal as they are a real stiff tyre with awsome feel and feedback.hope this helps

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
motomummy has some great deals on Q3s. Bridgestone s20s are great as well. I was able to get 4500 miles out of a rear, as opposed to 2500 on the dunlops

·
Registered
298 Posts
Metzlers are good for making smoke signals, nothing more.

Check out the Roadsmart 2's. Great grip, great mileage, very predictable, handles amazing in wet.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
motomummy has some great deals on Q3s. Bridgestone s20s are great as well. I was able to get 4500 miles out of a rear, as opposed to 2500 on the dunlops
Never been a big fan of Dunlops. No bad experiences-just not thrilled one way or the other. Metzeler or Bridgestone for me. I was thinking of the BT016 pro if all else fails because they are cheap. S20s are probably better but I don't know about lifespan. If you got 4500 out of the S20s, then I'll have to put them back on the hunt.

Michelin are good for making smoke signals, nothing more.

Check out the Roadsmart 2's. Great grip, great mileage, very predictable, handles amazing in wet.
Fixed that for you. I never ride in the wet. Ever. The only wet my bike sees is sweat on a hot day or snail trails from the old lady.

:eek:ccasion14:

·
Registered
87 Posts
I got my 09 zx10 with metzler m3's on was very impressed easy to punchured I found out though.... But for the tyre scrubbed them right to edge at front and didn't feel any lack of grip at any point

·
Registered
547 Posts
Racetec's for the warmer dry weather and m5's for the colder wetter weather.. but the m5's will last longer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I like M-5's- on my 3rd set. Good feedback, good grip, good in wet. Expect about 3k mi. I haven't tried M-7. BT016 grip well but wear fast.

·
Registered
50 Posts
motomummy has some great deals on tires right now.. whichever you end up with check with them. saw some on there when ordering my speedoDRD.

witht that said i've had GREAT luck with metzelers on a harley... but wouldnt suggest them for a SS bike.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I used the Metzler Sportec MS Interacts on my ZX10R and got two seasons out of them or roughly 20,000KM with no loss of traction.(190/50ZR17)

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm using a Michellin Power 3 on ZX10R 2016, and want to switch to Metzeler Race Tech K3. Someone who used it can give me a feedback. Mostly streets and hilly roads, dry weather conditions.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I like them a lot, super sticky and feedback is exceptional, I can't compare to the Michelin you had but it's in my opinion a better tyre than Metzereler m7rr, supercorsa, Bridgestone evo, it's a surprisingly light tyre because it's single ply same Supercorsa SC2-1. The down side is I had a tiny little thorn give me a puncture, and here in the UK the temperature can make it slow to warm up but in the US that shouldnt be a problem, it squares off only after a 1000 mile of highway use but on country and non motorway riding iv had 4000 miles on a set but also 2000 on a set that I tormented, if you want sticky as fuck with good feel buy emm.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I had a set of Metzeler M7RR on my 16 GSXR 1000 and found they were great for spirited canyon riding but were mid to uppper Intermediate pace at track. Heats up fast and is a sticky tire but will overheat if pushed hard for long periods of time which is unlikely on street. Bang for the buck its a great tire for aggressive street riding! I got almost 2000 miles on rear as well...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts