Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are the Metzeler Sportec M1 tyres any good ???
Please advise me on these as i'm just about to get new tyres and i can get these really cheap.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
they are decent tires. good sport touring tires. if you take em to the twisties you will probly get a lil slippage. definately got more milage from theese over my diablo 3's though

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Ive been using a few sets of them on 12 and 14 for a while and get 7-8k out of the back and 10-12 front. As 10Roller mentioned they are decent tires but not a good idea for the twisties and hard riding. How much are you getting them for?

·
Registered
190 Posts
ninjasuz said:
Are the Metzeler Sportec M1 tyres any good ???
Please advise me on these as i'm just about to get new tyres and i can get these really cheap.
I've used M1s before, and they're good street/sport tires. They're not race tires, mind you, but they're likely more than adequate for any 10 that spends the majority of its time on public roads. For what it's worth, I have a set of M3s on my 10, and am completely happy with their performance.

If the price is right, and the tires aren't old, I wouldn't hesitate to get them.

GD

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
I ran them on my 10 when I had them for a while. They were good tires. I have found out though that I am more confident riding on tires I trust or have run in the past that I know are going to stick.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Had a set on my 636 and track day tested them twice. Good tires up to a 90% pace. Yeah you get some slippage under hard accel but nothing scary or uncontrollable. My middle weight did 4500 miles on them...

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
I am assuming you are talking about track days. I run PP's on the street and have done track days on them. they are good tires for sure

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
i like them, i've had so many rears i lost count, but 17,500miles on the bike, about 14,000 on these tires and i like them. will prob do M3's or CT2's next. I'd go with M3's personally though

1 - 9 of 9 Posts