Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I'm going to need your wisdom here..

I'm currently on Metz Racetec K2 front and rear...the front is still good but unfortunately the rear is now totally worn out with no tread left to the point where you can see the steel belt. :badteeth:

I only did 1 trackday on this pair but over 4000km of hi-speed cruising (260+ km/h).
Anyway, the budget is limited so I'm thinking of only replacing the rear but with the K3 instead of the K2. K3s are in the same category with PP2CTs and DCIIIs but have the same Racetec tread pattern so I think they're suitable.

My question is if you guys have tried the K3 and/or you know anything about their performance. I haven't found any decent reviews on the K3s.

I was thinking of going with the PP2CTs (pair) in order to keep the front K2 for the track when I had the money to buy the rear but the 2CTs are hard to find here due to the recent recall.

thanks...

·
Registered
253 Posts
From what I understand, the Racetec is still primarily a race/track tire where as your 2CT and Corsa3 are roughly 60/40 street/track (IIRC) at best. The Racetec will work much better in high heat such as on a track and the 2CT et al. I believe the K3 would be categorized as a Medium compound in RaceTec's line where it'll stand up much better in high heat conditions.

But I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express. Just deal with Parts Unlimited a lot.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually the name of the new Racetec (K3) is a bit misleading.
Although it follows the name convention of the race tires, according to Metzeler is primarily a street race tire (60/40) as you correctly pointed out for the other brands.

The racetec race series vary from K0 (soft) to K1 (medium to soft) and K2 (medium).
The new compound is supposed to be designed mainly for street use and since it has the same tread pattern it's the obvious choice in my case (budget wise).

Unfortunately, my dealer told me that he doesn't have the particular series and he doesn't even intend to import them.

I live in Greeece, does anyone know if it's worth ordering and shipping tires from the USA considering the taxes etc. Any experience from anyone.

I'm afraid if I post something like this in the Sponsor's area they'll laugh at my face.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts