Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
i have m1's, like them alot. i am going to sell my brand new rear and used front if your interested.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I have been running them for about 4 months but can't really tell you a lot about them.I have had my leg in a cast for 10 weeks and haven't been riding.What little I have used them they seem fine to me.We don't have a lot of curvy roads around here except the on and off ramps to I10.LOL...ride safe....Les:crackup:

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Expect similar performance to diablo corsas. Metzeler is owned by Pirelli and some say it's a very similar rubber to the one used in diablo corsa minus the thread pattern which looks much better imo. Not finding much info about it on the net steered my away from buying a set, but honestly diablo corsa, pilot power or m3 will all satisfy imo. Comes down to trial and error and personal preferences.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Expect similar performance to diablo corsas. Metzeler is owned by Pirelli and some say it's a very similar rubber to the one used in diablo corsa minus the thread pattern which looks much better imo. Not finding much info about it on the net steered my away from buying a set, but honestly diablo corsa, pilot power or m3 will all satisfy imo. Comes down to trial and error and personal preferences.

·
Registered
657 Posts
i loved my M3's. very very sticky. heated up fast. good wet traction. did wear pretty fast tho. i'm now on diablo corsa 3's.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts

·
Supercharged Mod
4,391 Posts
I have a set on my bike right now. I'm not entirely convinced about the amount of grip they have compared to the Pilot Power's ... BUT ... it has been cold ever since the tires went on. Cold-tire grip seems underwhelming. A proper assessment will have to wait until spring.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I have had M3s on my 10 since last spring, and I like them just fine. Just as advertised, they perform quite well for street/sport tires--quick warmup, neutral steering and braking performance, and more than adequate traction for fast street riding. I've never had so much as a hint of traction breaking with them--but then again, I don't ride over my head on the street . . . :wink:

I can't speak to ultimate longevity, as I only have @1500 miles on them so far, but right now they look practically good as new.

GD

1 - 9 of 9 Posts