Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my buddy and I stop after a ride 08 ZX10 and 07 CBR1000RR. Guy get's out of a geo prisim. "Yeah, I just wrecked my 1098S" me... That's messed up you okay. He shows me the scar on his leg.

Then tells me I should get a DUCATI. I said I was thinking about getting the 08 ZX10. (I am sitting on my bike) He says no you should get the Suzuki hahah. I told him I am happy with my current 636 that I am on right now. He is right next to me. Then tells me the DUC is 170 CRANK HP.

SO my buddy says did you know the ZX10 is about 190HP CRANK... he was like no way really.

Then the dude tells me his DUC was $30K...

SO many clowns out there... Oh he shows me his registration too.

This is just a random story okay:mrgreen:

·
^^No Bike Bum^^
2,138 Posts
love people that lie to try and have friends!!!!

·
Starbucks Connoisseur
4,372 Posts
So my buddy and I stop after a ride 08 ZX10 and 07 CBR1000RR. Guy get's out of a geo prisim. "Yeah, I just wrecked my 1098S" me... That's messed up you okay. He shows me the scar on his leg.

Then tells me I should get a DUCATI. I said I was thinking about getting the 08 ZX10. (I am sitting on my bike) He says no you should get the Suzuki hahah. I told him I am happy with my current 636 that I am on right now. He is right next to me. Then tells me the DUC is 170 CRANK HP.

SO my buddy says did you know the ZX10 is about 190HP CRANK... he was like no way really.

Then the dude tells me his DUC was $30K...

SO many clowns out there... Oh he shows me his registration too.

This is just a random story okay:mrgreen:

This is how I would have handles the converstion:

Dude will tell me everything he told you, then I would reply with sincere excitement and awe and say " Ahh dude, no way, that's SWEEET! I can't even believe that. I have to be honest, that is pretty cool and lot of power for such a beautiful bike, so check it out, I took my 636 this morning to Starbucks and had a Venit Mocha at 9:07 am and not the usual 9:04am, but at least got a side of Jave chocolate chips at no charge, pretty narly huh?"

usually clowns end their braging when I respond that way. Works everytime, whether it's a young guy or an old timer, or even my best friend. Once they realize you could honestly care less and that getting A free cup of coffee or a Free set of snowboards for it. They kinda just not brag anymore LOL

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
I rode with some ducati riders . There bikes look sweet but only get 100 miles out of a tank, are hot as hell with the underseat exhaust, sound like a briggs-n-stratton (a few). I am not by no means a good rider (never did a track day) but they couldn't keep up with me in the twisties or the straights. Some models do look like killer sex, but if I was gonna fork over $30K :eyecrazy: I would of got one of each of the Jap manufactured 1000cc bikes. :clap:

·
Registered
196 Posts
haha i love stories like this ....i rode my bike to a pool hall and this kid walks in telling me how he was this all pro MX rider and how he was sponsored by KTM and how he was sick on the street. He said he close to getting into the AMA but decided against it because he just didnt feel like riding anymore. I ask "what did you ride"
him " 07 gsx-r 600, the fastest one in the state, i would kill liter bikes all day. Your 10r wouldnt stand a chance."

i say " o really ( with huge sarcasm) what was done to it"

him" Two brothers with a PCIII" he stops..........

i look at him waiting for more of a list....he looks at me like i should be impressed.

i say" thats it"

him" yea but man i had a TWO BROTHERS....SHIT WAS SICK LOUD!!!!!!!!"

me" o my god i forgot the louder something is the faster is it "
him " haha hell yea man killed liter bikes and Kawasaki's are junk they are the biggest pieces of shit out there"
me " your a fucking idiot your an 18 yr old retard who thinks your shit is fast because you have never had anything like it in your life....i hate squid fucks like you "
i walk outside toward my bike, he says " if my bike was here i would teach you a lesson "
i laugh and said " o thats right your sooooo good on a bike, your too good. man i wish i had a gsxr, so i could be cool too"

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
thats funny, although ive seen much worse, what makes the story is that your sitting on your bike the whole time and captain obvious didnt figure it out.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I'm sure every one of us has at least one story like this. lol Very funny.

·
Registered
92 Posts
There's too much money in CT. This was probably his first bike and he just bought the Duc for the status and assumed it was the fastest shit out there because of the price. When I was first getting into bikes they all looked the same to me, so it doesn't surprise me he couldn't tell a 636 from a new 10r.

I'm from Naugatuck, where about in the state are you located?

·
Banned
307 Posts
i was pulling over at a friends house and this old time buzzered comes up to my h-2 750 2stroke and tells me he had this yamaha 1000 back in the late 50early 60s and it was a two stroke and would wup my ass up to 100 mph ....im like bikes dont go that fast

·
Registered
685 Posts
The craziest story I have heard this far was a guy saying that his bike weighed 345lbs...
I am like "huh?"
He said "yep, thats why I love it, cuz its soo light."
I said "where did you get that number?"
He said "its what the the manyfacturer specs say."
I said "Have you ever weighed it?"
He said "no."
I said "Trust me on this one, don't believe what Suzuki tells you. Get it weighed and then let me know how close to that they are."

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
This is how I would have handles the converstion:

Dude will tell me everything he told you, then I would reply with sincere excitement and awe and say " Ahh dude, no way, that's SWEEET! I can't even believe that. I have to be honest, that is pretty cool and lot of power for such a beautiful bike, so check it out, I took my 636 this morning to Starbucks and had a Venit Mocha at 9:07 am and not the usual 9:04am, but at least got a side of Jave chocolate chips at no charge, pretty narly huh?"

usually clowns end their braging when I respond that way. Works everytime, whether it's a young guy or an old timer, or even my best friend. Once they realize you could honestly care less and that getting A free cup of coffee or a Free set of snowboards for it. They kinda just not brag anymore LOL

:crackup::crackup: The guy was talking to my buddy for a while and I would chime in with some dumb comment like V-Twins have great topend and no torque hahaah

Dude that was hysterical... Scary I was in downtown New Haven near Yale. The guy was from Mass, somehere. He had a Ducati hat on too.

But when he told me he had a $30K DUC and was driving the prisim I was confused.

Ohhhhh I forgot the best part he told me it will be $11K to replace the plastics I SWEAR!!! I almost fell off my bike.

My buddy was telling him $11K? you can get a whole new bike...

It was funny as hell... I am laughing right now can barely type... I told the dude I wanted an 08 10 as I sat on the bike what an fing tool :crackup:

Jesus he said something about Nicky Hayden and the Rc51 too... Whatever I think I will just say Starbuck rules next time hahaha

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
haha i love stories like this ....i rode my bike to a pool hall and this kid walks in telling me how he was this all pro MX rider and how he was sponsored by KTM and how he was sick on the street. He said he close to getting into the AMA but decided against it because he just didnt feel like riding anymore. I ask "what did you ride"
him " 07 gsx-r 600, the fastest one in the state, i would kill liter bikes all day. Your 10r wouldnt stand a chance."

i say " o really ( with huge sarcasm) what was done to it"

him" Two brothers with a PCIII" he stops..........

i look at him waiting for more of a list....he looks at me like i should be impressed.

i say" thats it"

him" yea but man i had a TWO BROTHERS....SHIT WAS SICK LOUD!!!!!!!!"

me" o my god i forgot the louder something is the faster is it "
him " haha hell yea man killed liter bikes and Kawasaki's are junk they are the biggest pieces of shit out there"
me " your a fucking idiot your an 18 yr old retard who thinks your shit is fast because you have never had anything like it in your life....i hate squid fucks like you "
i walk outside toward my bike, he says " if my bike was here i would teach you a lesson "
i laugh and said " o thats right your sooooo good on a bike, your too good. man i wish i had a gsxr, so i could be cool too"

I have another post somewhere on the board guy was ridding an 07 GSXR1000 girlfriends bike was trying to shift using the rear brake. Had his foot underneath the brake insane... what a crazy season

Suzuki riders are no joke hahahah

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thats funny, although ive seen much worse, what makes the story is that your sitting on your bike the whole time and captain obvious didnt figure it out.
I wish I had a ZX10 suit on I am in tears right now... You guys are hysterical:crackup:

I had to actually look over to the side of my bike; I'm thinking mayby I'm not on a Zx10 after all:spit:

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i was pulling over at a friends house and this old time buzzered comes up to my h-2 750 2stroke and tells me he had this yamaha 1000 back in the late 50early 60s and it was a two stroke and would wup my ass up to 100 mph ....im like bikes dont go that fast
:crackup::crackup::crackup: holy crap :crackup:

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
There's too much money in CT. This was probably his first bike and he just bought the Duc for the status and assumed it was the fastest shit out there because of the price. When I was first getting into bikes they all looked the same to me, so it doesn't surprise me he couldn't tell a 636 from a new 10r.

I'm from Naugatuck, where about in the state are you located?
New Haven, I got 18,689 miles on my bike now

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
this reminds me of a story, was on my old orange zx10 (one in avatar) pull up at a gas station this 01 02 gsxr 600 and his buddy on an 03 gsxr 6 pull up n say its a pretty bike but I shoulda got a sukuki a laugh and say to each his own he replys ya kawis are all slow my gsxr would smoke yours ne day I laughed again and replied really, u honeslty think that? so he says well ya, what mods do u have done, i said full system and a pc3, he says again ne day hed leave me in the dust hahaha

well i bit and took him to the highway for a first gear roll on, got to an indicated 165 looked in my mirror and he was gone, get off the highway he says I sprayed hahaha some ppl are clueless i told him to find the bottle n he could have the keys

1 - 20 of 28 Posts