·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
xx

·
Registered
531 Posts
A week or so ago me and a group of guys went on our weekly ride. We met up at the local gas station to fill up and head out from there.
We leave the gas station and a guy in the front, we'll call him Bob, starts doing wheelies in the center lane. Bob successfully does one wheelie and the second one doesn't go to well, he ends up flipping his bike and crashing. When Bob crashed he fell over into the left lane where he got run over by another motorcyclist, who was on his brand new 2 week old motorcycle. We'll call him John. John was doing absolutely nothing wrong just happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time. John ended up crashing his bike due to hitting a Bob.
Bob ends up breaking a leg and totaling his bike and John has minor rash and a few scrapes on his bike. Now remember John has done nothing wrong.
A few days later John finds out he is being sued for running over Bob. Bob is saying that he did nothing wrong, he hit a rock, crashed and John hit him.

Is it just me or does anyone else think Bob is Buddy [email protected]%er. If you caused the crash why are you not gonna man up, and take responsibility. Why would you say John is responsible for anything. Bob is telling his lawyer, the cops and everyone else that rides in these parts that it was Johns fault. What do you all think?
If it was that simple, then i would say that Bob is at fault 100% due to his wreckless riding. He not only endangered his life, but also the lives of the other riders as well. On top of that, he solely caused the accident and was his fault he got ran over. If it's true that John was just riding with the group, then it sounds like he was at the wrong place at the wrong time and deserves compensation for damage to his property due to the neglegence of Bob. If I were John, I would countersue bob for wreckless endagerment and damages. I'm not a lawyer, i'm just stating my opinion based on your story here.

·
Banned
59 Posts
You've heard the saying, "with friends like that" That is a f'd up situation and he should man up! He was F'ing around and got ran over because of his actions. No ones fault but "bob's" I tell you this much, he wouldn't be a friend of mine much longer if he pulled sht like that with me, in fact, he may have more problems then just a broken leg. BOB sounds like a Puss!

riding4life, if you and your group witnessed it, then bob has nooooo case.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I think Bob needs to learn a lesson the hard way...

Had an associate (wouldn't call him a buddy) do a similar thing and not man up... Needless to say a group of us visited his house one night and did some midnight landscaping on his front and back yard with our vehicles.

The next night, we visited him again and knocked on his door where he got pulled out the front door and had the living shit beat out of him on the front lawn... He finally wised up after a lengthy hospital visit involving many stitches and he was able to man up.

Sometimes, it just takes babies a little longer to lose the pacifier!

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bob is a fucker...he needs to be beaten for trying to screw over someone else
The sad part is Bob is telling everyone a different story so I been hearing people bad talk John. When I hear it I let them know it was all Bobs Fault.

I witness the same thing earlier this summer. Someone needs to do the right thing and stand up for John
Oh I did already, Maybe my upbringing and the Military has taught me something Bob hasn't learned yet. Be a Man and take responsibility for your actions. In the Army we would call bob a Buddy Fucker and he wouldn't last to long in my units! And if he did he sure wouldn't enjoy it.

If it was that simple, then i would say that Bob is at fault 100% due to his wreckless riding. He not only endangered his life, but also the lives of the other riders as well. On top of that, he solely caused the accident and was his fault he got ran over. If it's true that John was just riding with the group, then it sounds like he was at the wrong place at the wrong time and deserves compensation for damage to his property due to the neglegence of Bob. If I were John, I would countersue bob for wreckless endagerment and damages. I'm not a lawyer, i'm just stating my opinion based on your story here.
It was that simple, I was the motorcyclist directly behind Bob, I saw the whole thing, from start to finish. John did nothing wrong, and the crazy thing is we just started the ride, less than 1 mile from the gas station, and we were going the speed limit.

·
Certified SLOW
3,131 Posts
Let John know you will appear in court for him. Talk to everybody else that was present and see if they will do the same. Let the situation blow up in Bob's face as John coutersues him.

Oh and if he went over backwards, the damage on the bike should be pretty obvious it happened from going too far on a wheelie. Makes it even easier for John to prove his point, although he shouldn't have a problem anyway with witnesses.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You've heard the saying, "with friends like that" That is a f'd up situation and he should man up! He was F'ing around and got ran over because of his actions. No ones fault but "bob's" I tell you this much, he wouldn't be a friend of mine much longer if he pulled sht like that with me, in fact, he may have more problems then just a broken leg. BOB sounds like a Puss!

riding4life, if you and your group witnessed it, then bob has nooooo case.
I have already taken Johns side and given my report, hopefully everyone else who saw it mans up and tell what they saw.

·
formerly GHOST RIDER
2,131 Posts
Bob is a low life for pulling this move on John. All this is more then likely to comes down to the police report and what others riders say what happen. If the situation was lied to the LEO to cover Bob's ass the John's ass is un covered. Sorry to hear about John's luck but life will pay a visit to Bob's sooner or later and collect.

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
Let John know you will appear in court for him. Talk to everybody else that was present and see if they will do the same. Let the situation blow up in Bob's face as John coutersues him.

Oh and if he went over backwards, the damage on the bike should be pretty obvious it happened from going too far on a wheelie. Makes it even easier for John to prove his point, although he shouldn't have a problem anyway with witnesses.
:+1: and this would have been one of those "magical moments" if only someone riding with you guys or saw it, were to have been recording the whole thing. hope things go well for John and he heals up fast and gets a new bike or his old one back to snuff.....Bob......tell him to pound salt for being a ignorant backstabbing prick! Karma just loves situations such as these though!:mrgreen:

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
:+1: and this would have been one of those "magical moments" if only someone riding with you guys or saw it, were to have been recording the whole thing. hope things go well for John and he heals up fast and gets a new bike or his old one back to snuff.....Bob......tell him to pound salt for being a ignorant backstabbing prick! Karma just loves situations such as these though!:mrgreen:
Yeah a recording would have been good. I normally record but I was wearing a different helmet that night. So my camera wont attach to it.

·
Registered
555 Posts
bob and john, both raise insurance rates for everybody. they both should stay off motorcycles. bob, can't man up ,what a puss. at least he was out front, when he lost control , anybody can wheelie and crash, lots of skill there .. john, was following to close and was not paying attention to what was going on around him . i can't believe he ran over downed rider ...they both broke laws and group riding rules and they messed up a nice ride with friends. dorks!! sue, sue, sue, its the american way.. the insurance co. will pay

·
Registered
531 Posts
if i was John (my name is john) i would be going to bobs house with a few mates and giving him the option at his front door, man up or get fucked up.

I'm sure alot of us feel that confronting the person physically is the best solution. Ideally, that's the way men should take care of things. But this person isn't a man. And the minute you walk up to his steps, he'll probably call the police and may continue to file more false claims or exagerate.

Your friend is lucky he has friends that will stand up for him. Hopefully a court will see this person for who he is and punish him accordingly.

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
sounds fucked up, also sounds like it will never hold up in court because if you and whoever else was there are real friends you would go back up john

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
bob and john, both raise insurance rates for everybody. they both should stay off motorcycles. bob, can't man up ,what a puss. at least he was out front, when he lost control , anybody can wheelie and crash, lots of skill there .. john, was following to close and was not paying attention to what was going on around him . i can't believe he ran over downed rider ...they both broke laws and group riding rules and they messed up a nice ride with friends. dorks!! sue, sue, sue, its the american way.. the insurance co. will pay
Well is it Johns fault for Bob falling off his bike and bouncing into another lane. Not trying to start a debate but our Public safety manual and the one for every state I have had a license in states that there should be at least a 1 second interval between riders when riding in a group and in the same lane. Yes its safer to have a bigger interval but thats what the manual says. From my recollection John had that 1 second interval and was in an entirely different lane. Yes he probably could have swerved left and been ok, since there was no traffic on the other side of the road, but things can happen fast, sometimes faster than we are ready for. Personally I always ride with a very safe interval. I learned my lesson from crashing my ZX7R, due to following too close (story below).

I have been in a similar situation where a rider crashed in front of me on a 2 lane road and I had a few options, swerve left and hit oncoming traffic or go over the cliff and crash and die; continue straight and run him over and crash; swerve right and run off the road and crash or slam on my brakes and possibly cause everyone behind me to crash. I swerved right and ran off the road and crashed luckily just cracking my radiator.

Just to end this off Experience plays a major factor in how you react in these situations. But you are right both parties could have done something better.

·
Registered
680 Posts
A week or so ago me and a group of guys went on our weekly ride. We met up at the local gas station to fill up and head out from there.
We leave the gas station and a guy in the front, we'll call him Bob, starts doing wheelies in the center lane. Bob successfully does one wheelie and the second one doesn't go to well, he ends up flipping his bike and crashing. When Bob crashed he fell over into the left lane where he got run over by another motorcyclist, who was on his brand new 2 week old motorcycle. We'll call him John. John was doing absolutely nothing wrong just happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time. John ended up crashing his bike due to hitting a Bob.
Bob ends up breaking a leg and totaling his bike and John has minor rash and a few scrapes on his bike. Now remember John has done nothing wrong.
A few days later John finds out he is being sued for running over Bob. Bob is saying that he did nothing wrong, he hit a rock, crashed and John hit him.

Is it just me or does anyone else think Bob is Buddy [email protected]%er. If you caused the crash why are you not gonna man up, and take responsibility. Why would you say John is responsible for anything. Bob is telling his lawyer, the cops and everyone else that rides in these parts that it was Johns fault. :bs:What do you all think?
Why I ride solo.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Time for YOU to stand up for "John" and let "Bob" fuck himself

1 - 20 of 39 Posts