Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Judge Dredd Mod
9,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to post the first piece I have been able to complete after my hand rebuild surgery. It's been very hard to do since my hand doesn't work the same way it used to, so I have had to do things differently. It's not much but it's a start of hopefully something much better. Merry Christmas to all you guys (and girls), I've got my present already I think...:cool:

Attachments

·
Judge Dredd Mod
9,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I really appreciate the comments guys, thanks. :thumbsup: I have some more that I'm working on, but it takes alot longer to do them now so hopefully I can get them done before Christmas. :wink:

·
Retired post whore
8,463 Posts
Did you ever seriously consider getting into tattoo work? If you do that kind of detail work on paper, you might just be a natural on skin.

·
Judge Dredd Mod
9,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've been told that before, and am seriously looking into it- though I really have to get faster than I am right now. Before the wreck a standard 9"x12" piece (the size of the post) took about 6-10 hours to complete start to finish depending on paper coverage (digital work was faster but less satifying - see avatar) Now, this work and the others coming are easily doubling that, and then some. Another roadblock is the skin part- there is currently no skin-like papers to practice on, and I'm sure that you need lots of practice to get good at doing it. But even so, I'm a long ways off from being what I was, and I need to practice this before I even try tattoo work.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Keep it up bud. You will get there.... Good work by the way.....

·
Retired post whore
8,463 Posts
Another roadblock is the skin part- there is currently no skin-like papers to practice on, and I'm sure that you need lots of practice to get good at doing it.
The artist that does all of my work used to go to the butcher shop and buy pieces of pig skin to practice on when he was first getting started. He also used to practice on a melon - don't know what its called but its kinda white in color.

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
:thumbsup: Nice work, thanks for posting it.

·
Judge Dredd Mod
9,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Damn, is there a slit in her panties?

LOL

Awesome work
Why yes that IS one, thanks for noticing. :thumbsup:

The artist that does all of my work used to go to the butcher shop and buy pieces of pig skin to practice on when he was first getting started. He also used to practice on a melon - don't know what its called but its kinda white in color.
Thanks for the headsup on that Alien. I'll definately look into that.:badteeth:

Thanks again all, I'm trying to finish the rest to post 'em too. :eek:ccasion1

1 - 15 of 15 Posts