Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my leaking radiator off today to find it's leak in the middle of the backside of the radiator. Upon further examination of the problem, i noticed an evenly pressed in section of the radiator which appeared to have burn marks. I also found residue on the down pipes of a Brock's Sidewinder - full exhaust system. Concluding that somehow the radiator is touching the downpipes spot-melting it.

Has anyone had this problem before and if so, how did you fix it?

Pics:

·
Registered
819 Posts
More than likely it didnt melt it but rubbed up against it at speed. If you put it all together push back on the radiator and see if it rubs against it:thumbsup:

·
Registered
874 Posts
More than likely it didnt melt it but rubbed up against it at speed. If you put it all together push back on the radiator and see if it rubs against it:thumbsup:
:+1: Aluminum melts at over 1200*F

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
radiator bracket

i always space the bottom support bracket out more, i like the radiator a little farther away from head pipes. lots of heat there to soak when still or idling. i agree with redlines, thats a contact, not melt hole. space bracket for clearance also.

·
Chickenstrip Eater
4,075 Posts
If its a stock setup I'd call Brocks and ask if they are aware of any clearance issues.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
radiator clearance

just space radiator out and chalk it up to learning experience. this is how we learn to ck things like this. not all bolt ons are exactly that, my ti force came with a longer replacment bracket so there was no interference. i spaced it even more. ive made the same mistake over the years, and learned from them.

·
Registered
700 Posts
It can be fixed. Aluminum brazing rods would fix her right up. ALmumoloy sp? That stuff works!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts