Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I built my motorcycle trailer I had gotten some overspray on both bikes and helmets. I had the trailer parts being painted in the garage and the bikes parked at the end of the driveway and noticed the overspray on the bikes while bringing them into the garage for the night. I didn't know what to use on them to get them clean and a buddy who does car detailing recommended me using the Meguires clay bar. He had an extra new bar laying around so he sent me home with it. I woke up this morning and washed both bikes then used the car wash soapy water and clay barred both bikes and the bar picked up all the overspray along with other bugs and imperfections etc. I rewashed both bikes and now they are silky smooth and glossy.

The Meguires clay bar is the SHIZNIT!!!

·
Retired post whore
8,463 Posts
I use the same clay bar on my cars as well - great stuff! Make sure you follow up with some high quality wax after claying. I use Meguiar's 3 step wax system - 1. cleaner wax, 2. polish, 3. carnuba wax.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
I use the same clay bar on my cars as well - great stuff! Make sure you follow up with some high quality wax after claying. I use Meguiar's 3 step was system - 1. cleaner wax, 2. polish, 3. carnuba wax.
Same for me! Good stuff!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I can't say enough about that clay. Anybody who doesn't use it and thinks their paint is smooth after waxing has no idea what smooth is. Welcome to the club.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I use Meguires NXT Generation wax. I am for sure gonna wax both bikes while they are in the garage cooled down out of the sun.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
yeah that clay bar works wonders, and the meguires wax is also great, I have been using that brand for a long time now tried alot of others but aways come back to meguires guess thats why the paint on my 1999 truck still looks damn good, LOL I use that carnuba wax on my bike as well and man it makes that green look so good. I just tried some new stuff from Turtle wax its only for black vehicles used it on the girls car and theres alot of steps but in the end its worth it I have to say it made her car a deep black and shined it up very well I could only imagine what it will do for a black bike ... it hides and covers all the little scratches and whatnot.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Yep. Been using clay for many years with great results.

For black or red do yourself a favor and get some pinnacle souveran. :drool:

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I went ahead and waxed both bikes and polished them up, the finish is even smoother now and the green really pops even more. I am going to was my wife and I's helmets tomarrow after work also, I already used the clay on them to remove the overspray.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I have a black car and the only thing that gets rid of swirl marks etc is clay barring it and carefully polishing it. Meguires Clay Bar is Awesome!

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
Yep. Been using clay for many years with great results.

For black or red do yourself a favor and get some pinnacle souveran. :drool:
Yeah that would be nice to use but hell the prices on that stuff are crazy anywhere from $90 over $100 for it damn to much money for my wallet on wax. but I bet it works awesome though Id love to try it out..

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
I need to try this stuff next.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Yeah that would be nice to use but hell the prices on that stuff are crazy anywhere from $90 over $100 for it damn to much money for my wallet on wax. but I bet it works awesome though Id love to try it out..
Yeah, most people feel the same but it just comes natural for me because when I was little my dad was either souping up his vehicles or detailing them. Some lower cost alternatives that also do great jobs are P21S Concours or Meguiars #26 Wax.

On bikes I like to use synthetic sealants more than waxes because they are synthetic and last longer. And the newer ones also look as good as natural wax to the untrained eye. Wolfgang Deep Gloss Sealant is great and a cheaper but still very good alternative is Klasse All In One.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
yeah Im gonna get me some of the Meguiars #26 wax or that P21S Concours wax ?? not to sure which one to go with though ?? ive been using their Deep Crystal system Carnuba wax and it works pretty good then after that I used some mothers Reflections series spray wax and man that really brings out the gloss and color on the bike, have not used it on my truck yet though...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts