Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Recently moved out to LA last summer and I just got my WSMC racing license in Sep09 and did my first race in Dec09. Getting all excited about hitting it up again in Jan. A potential job change might take me away from CA but until then I'm planning on racing 2010 as novice with my 05' ZX10R.

There's plenty I don't know and would like to meet some friends who do track days and/or WSMC racing to buddy up with and share the experience.

So give a shout out and say hi.

-Todd Larson
WSMC #799

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
I'm not a WSMC regular ( did 2 rounds at Streets in '08 ) but raced 2 seasons with the

mighty '05.

For specific stuff about WSMC you may wanna pm Quig on this forum, he's a veteran

there ( #8 plate next season..) and races an '08 ZX10.
:eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Felix, hows it going.
Curious about your ZX10 setup for the streets being such a tighter technical track. I had several track days there on a 6R and had fun but my ZX10R is not geared right for a smaller track like that one. Was difficult to get it above 6-7K RPM in 1st gear even.

My gearing is still -1/stock and I think going +2 in the back is the trick from what I've read. Except when I tried it my rear tire could not move forward enough to accommodate the chain.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
I would do a 520 conversion.

With -1 ( front ) and + 2 rear....works 4 me on all tracks around here.

With that set-up, chain has to be 2 links longer than stock.

:mrgreen:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would do a 520 conversion.

With -1 ( front ) and + 2 rear....works 4 me on all tracks around here.

With that set-up, chain has to be 2 links longer than stock.

:mrgreen:
Mine does have the 520 conv but was just too short for the +2 rear so will get a new chain soon and try it again. Thanks for the tip.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts