Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a quick question for the mechs. I have a 93 KX125 that I had rebuilt bottom and top. During break in the motorshut off and it wont start again (not seized).Iam getting spark and fuel and I also checked the reeds. The compression is at 100 which I think is low should it be around 175? I tried bumping and it would not start. What else could I possibly check. Timing is also dead on.

HELP

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
If she's getting fuel and spark then there has to be something internal that's jacked up....especially if you say the compression is low.how long/hard was it ran after the rebuild? i'm not a master mechanic by any means but it sounds like something going on with a piston or ring/seal?

·
Registered
341 Posts
Does it sound like it wants to start at all? Make sure the top end torque specs are still good. Maybe u are lucky with some shitty gass. If you have low compression probably not so lucky.

·
Registered
986 Posts
is it good spark?....sometimes a plug can fail under compression.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just put in a new plug and it still wont start. It will only backfire once in awhile otherwise it does nothing. By the way it is a two stroke single cylinder.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Does it sound like it wants to start at all? Make sure the top end torque specs are still good. Maybe u are lucky with some shitty gass. If you have low compression probably not so lucky.
Low compression can occur when a cylinder gets soaked with fuel.Was it hard to start when it shut off?could be shitty fuel.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I could not get it running after it shut off. I was breaking in the motor pretty easy and when it started ran fine for the first tank. Went out today to take a quick blast and the bike would not go into the powerband for a good 20 minutes when it did hit it wasnt long before the motor shut down.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
How old is the fuel?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got it today 93 octane mixed 32:1 with golden spectro.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Is the plug foweld or real black?

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
To many possible issues. Compression cap torqued down properly, ring gap correct, did you put the correct rings in the correct grooves, did you oil the cylinder before installation, did you flood the engine and wash out the rings? But the issue sounds internal mechanical to me. Try taking a few drops of oil and dropping it into the cylinder and then turn over the motor a few times and then take a compression reading and let me know what happens. 100 is low but not 100% sure if its the issue.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts